Yonanas a frozen fruit made into ice-cream

Options
Has anyone used a Yonanas , where you take fruit and freeze it, and make it into
something similar to soft ice-cream.

I was kind of thinking of using this instead of yogurt, opinions please.

Eileen

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at it but haven't bought yet, too many little appliances in my kitchen already.
    My friend has one and loves it.
    I wouldn't use it instead of yogourt, fruit still doesn't have the protein and calcium yogourt has.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You can do it with a regular blender. Using frozen fruit and just enough milk to allow the blades to
    mix it up. It saves the price of another appliance and the space one takes up as well.
  • 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I agree sometimes we get to many appliances.
    I will have to give it a try with a blender, and save space.

Eileen
  • honeybearhoneybear
    honeybearhoneybear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Yonanas machine and it is awesome! I was super skeptical and I read all kinds of reviews first and then decided to give it a try. I LOVE IT! My only comment is that when you use a blender or food processor usually you need to add quite a bit of liquid to get frozen fruit blended without burning out the machine. Not the case for the Yonanas machine. It honestly makes the bananas into the consistency of frozen yogurt. I know it is another appliance but it really is not very big so it is easy to hide away and if you keep it out it doesn't take up much space on the counter. I would highly recommend it!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    To me, this extra appliance is worth it! A blender was just too frustrating and this is easy peasy!

And sooo yummy!

Now the only hard part is keeping the bananas in the house until they are ready to freeze - we LOVE bananas!
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used a Yonanas , where you take fruit and freeze it, and make it into
    something similar to soft ice-cream.

I was kind of thinking of using this instead of yogurt, opinions please.

Eileen

it's an amazing machine!
    I'd never use it to replace yogurt because I need the protein, but i often have it for dessert, WITH greek yogurt.
    i also have it sometimes for breakfast. it literally makes fruit taste like ice cream - but without ANY sugar or ANY milk!! you can get a few of your 5-a-day in the form of yummy yummy ice cream. i don't know how it does it so well, but they really have the design down perfectly to make it JUST like ice cream. I'd say get it get it get it!!! but it's up to you. i just know i love mine and use it every day, and since getting it have not had a single bit of ice cream - why would i when I can have something that tastes justtt like it but made out of just fruit?