OT Tattoos??

Options
13»

Replies

• pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just got my first tattoo on the top of my foot and I really didn't think it was that painful. It stinged a little but not bad. The most annoying was having to wait to put a full shoe on - couldn't wear sneakers for 2 weeks. I love the way it looks - a butterfly. Thinking of getting the other foot done.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Kat Von D!

Me too! She has a new line of makeup on the market now as well...you can preview it at her personal website: www.katvond.net
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options

DITTO!!! I also love Ami James and the Miami Ink crew!!! Mmmmmm, Ami James!!! He's so HOT!

lovehateloungefeature1.jpg

ami_photo05.jpg

katvond.jpg
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

I want her to do a tat for me... I just don't want to be on the show! lol

I have one on my arm, that once I lose the weight will be a half sleeve... and I have one as an anklet that one kinda hurt.. cause I don't have fat on my ankles and when Scott got around to the back where the bone is, I wanted to kick him... I rather get a tat than anymore piercings... but I do love all my piercings too!

Go fot it and get the tat.. It will hurt alil though.
  • FatDancer
    Options

DITTO!!! I also love Ami James and the Miami Ink crew!!! Mmmmmm, Ami James!!! He's so HOT!

I love him too!

He's a Lover and a Warrior!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get my nose pierced soon.
    I really really REALLY wanna get a tat around my ankle and foot.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should get a tat right now... for my one child... or wait til i'm done having kids.:huh:

I also favor the feet for tattooing... but I like tattoos on wrists too. :happy:
  • CrystalBella
    Options

I heard that doesn't hurt much.. You should do it!
    I got my tongue and another personal area pierced. I so :heart: piercings! They are hot!
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    I don't know if I should get a tat right now... for my one child... or wait til i'm done having kids.:huh:

I also favor the feet for tattooing... but I like tattoos on wrists too. :happy:

I never wanted my foot done.. I guess I hate people touching my feet. lol but I like the wrists thing... Except in my line of work, that can't be done.. So all my stuff has to be able to be covered.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

I got my tongue and another personal area pierced. I so :heart: piercings! They are hot!
    :noway:
    Ears & nose are as far as I go... Yowza Crys!!:blushing:
    I heard the ankles & feet are one of the most sensitive places to get tattooed so I am very nervous and it'll be my first!
  • CrystalBella
    Options

I heard the ankles & feet are one of the most sensitive places to get tattooed so I am very nervous and it'll be my first!

My anklet hurt... I won't lie. lol Mainly in the back where the bone is just there.. but Scott did a good job. You gotta find someone that is good but gentle too. And price it, cause they can be expensive, but you also can find a good deal.
    Yeh, I used to say ears would be all I'd pierce, then I got my tongue done. Then my two tats on the same day. Then I wanted something else and got my "personals" peirced.. Now I want more tats... lol I have nothing left that I'd want a hole in.. lol
  • FatDancer
    Options

I think nose piercings are gorgeous when they wear a tiny shinny little diamond or gemstone...don't forget to share a picture with us!

I have my belly pierced, it only hurts for a half a second...I wear 14k gold and gemstones...I just put another one on my wish list...it is a ring of zirconia with a cross dangle filled with baquet cut zirconia...I love it...I'm wearing one in my photo but it doesn't show up well...I'm still waiting on the original photo.
  • damselfly25
    Options
    I have 2 small ones.....on my lower arm and on my chest, up close to my shoulder. Neither hurt too bad but have heard the pain that goes along with foot and hand tats is so different from anywhere else...Also depending on what you want and if there are a lot of colors or just black, detail or not (detail=smaller needles) makes the pain vary.

I live in a college town and NO ONE around here does work if client is drunk or high.
  • FatDancer
    Options
    I cut just a belly shot from my pic to my profile if you want to check out my piercing.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

I think nose piercings are gorgeous when they wear a tiny shinny little diamond or gemstone...don't forget to share a picture with us!

I have my belly pierced, it only hurts for a half a second...I wear 14k gold and gemstones...I just put another one on my wish list...it is a ring of zirconia with a cross dangle filled with baquet cut zirconia...I love it...I'm wearing one in my photo but it doesn't show up well...I'm still waiting on the original photo.
    That's what I want... a little shiny diamond on my nose.
    I was going to get it done last week but the shop was closed when I got there so I'll get it done with my little brother when I get to Long Island next week.
  • FatDancer
    Options
    This is fun! I'm anxious to see all the pictures of new tattoos and piercings...except for the Prince Alberts ofcourse!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I'm a little shy about showing my tat...but I'll hide my pride and show you...here goes!

bad-star-wars-tattoo.jpg

Where did you get that picture of me with my shirt off!!!?!?!?!!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A tattoo is a single needle or a set of needles going under the 4th layer of skin at 60 times a second. there are seven layers of skin and the first 3 are the ones that flake and peel and burn etc. the out line stings the most with a feeling like a bee sting, a cat scratch or a paper cut. as similar examples. it is a sharp pain and will differ with each area of the foot, or body and with each person. the tops of my feet didn't hurt, but the side, bottom and between the toes hurt like hell. as a rule, the needle can only travel an inch or maybe two before the artist has to pick up the machine and dip it into the ink well. so you get lots of little breaks. :smile: the long lines basically suck and you are glad when they get to the end of it. the color and shading, which is the longest process of the tattoo, feels more like a vibration on the skin, you feel it, but it is not as sharp or intense. it will get a bit more tender if your artist does blends and goes back into an area previously inked to add another color. try to pick a design that has shorter lines and lots of color. :tongue: if you are not a drinker by nature, then try not to drink any alcohol before as you will be bleeding the color out as fast as it is put in. why set through all the pain and follow up care? if you are a daily drinker, it won't matter as much as your already thin. the skin on the foot is 40 times thicker than other places of the body (in some areas) and is different than other places and may wear off over time like the palms of the hands and the bottoms of the feet. usually the top of the foot isn't an issue. extra care must be maintained on the feet as a rule due to their location. try to wear loose shoes or flip flops to prevent rubbing. don't swim, soak in a tub, mud wrestle, or apply lotions with perfume or additives. its a wound and should be treated as such, but not covered continually, let it get air. check out your artist, watch him work, watch how he changes his needles and inks, and uses a sterile or sterile /aseptic technique. they should use single use needles and sterile ink, needles and needle tubes. you should watch them change out their equipment between customers, spray and wipe down all chairs etc between customers and change the barrier film between customers. if there is plastic on their bottles (if they are not using single use ink) they should change those as well. he or she should give you both verbal and written care instructions. take someone with you. have a design custom made or put several together from the designs available to customize and create your own. light colors can fade faster, they don't need extra care, but they may leave the skin if you get a serious burn. you should make your artist aware of any allergies, reactions, pregnancies, diseases, conditions, or medications you are taking that can impact your tattoo. its for everyones safety and health. don't hide the fact that you are pregnant or have hep c or anything like that. some skins develop keloids or scarring instead of healing. you would know if you had that condition, but make your artist aware if you are. ok, that's everything I can think of, what we tell our customers and what we expect. write me if you want or need more info. good luck

ps, star wars....man, I would love to see your back finished. what a beautiful start to an outstanding back piece. I can just see space, and little hidden things all going on in the background. its outstanding. RJ