What's the latest you eat?

Options
Is there any truth in no eating after a specific time? I try not to eat after 7:30-8:00pm. What about you guys?

Replies

• shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I go to bed around 1am...and it's not that I try not to eat after a certain time... I just normally don't eat after 11pm. I'm just not hungry!
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat all the way up to when I go to bed. If I weigh myself the next morning and I am up a pound, I know it won't stay. Personally, I don't think it matters when you eat! Eat when you're hungry!
  • yesiam07
    yesiam07 Posts: 63
    Options
    i eat my last time 30 minutes before i go to bed
  • TLWallperson
    Options
    I don't usually eat later than 6.00. Mostly because I'm not hungry.
  • half12345
    half12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is a magic time to stop eating. For me, if im eating late, it is usually junk food. i dont reach for a plate of steamed veggies at 1am....more like chips or some crap.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I eat any time. I just ate dinner and its 9:46 here, and I've eaten up to midnight and later before.
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    2 hours before I am going to bed...it take about that long for the body to fully digestthe last thing you ate. This allows you to get a better night sleep because you bodys energy is not focused on digestion it is ready to focus on sleeping. :happy:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I end up eating dinner at like 8pm.. just cause i'm so busy after work and i cook everything.. .. had it early today. and i think that's the reason i'm lacking energy.. Gonna have to go for a walk or something I guess.. maybe swimming in a bit..

I eat whenever i want.. even if it's 1am.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It all depends on when you go to bed, and from a weight loss viewpoint you should try to make it the same time every night. But I've found if I don't eat or drink the 4 hrs before I go to bed, I sleep better (good for weight loss), & just feel more rested in the morning (more likely to get up & work out). Also I found the later I stayed up, the more likely I was to start eating over my calories, so I started trying to get in bed by 9:15pm & it really helped. But a lot just depends on your work schedule, or when you want to get up, & just try to get 8 hours of sleep before that. All the best! ;-)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    2-3 am
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want.
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    I read once that eating light before bed is better for you. That it continues the "more meals a day you eat, the less your body wants to store fat" idea. I've eaten meals before bed, sometimes fruit, sometimes nothing. I haven't noticed any significant change.
  • kpstacy
    kpstacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The only real downfall I have found is eating before bed can cause slower digestion as your body relaxes everything slows down. As far as weight goes... it all about the calories. I don't see a big problem with eating "late". Let's be honest, if you ate dinner at 6pm and you stayed up til midnight, you probably are gonna be a little hungry.... so a snack within your calories is not a bad thing. It really depends on the person. If you don't have tummy troubles, and you stay within your calories, eat up.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Dinner is usually at 8:15 because my son works 12 days 3 or 4 days a week. It's killing me. I get so hungry that insanity takes over and I graze and not on the good stuff either. I just told my husband - no more late night eating. I'm not loosing any weight at all.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I almost always have a Snack at Bedtime -- 11 PM
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Before heading down the hall to bed...I hate crumbs on the sheets.
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry. Calories in... Calories out!
  • devinnn0728
    devinnn0728 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The latest i eat is 630p
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Whenever I finish dinner. Which could be quite late, like 10 pm.

I have no rules on how late -- it doesn't matter unless it affects your sleep -- but just usually don't eat outside of meals.