Shakeology results, please!!

Options
Please post your success stories from drinking Shakeology!

Replies

• laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have no success stories for you but I do know that I have friends that have done it... They did very well on it.. Once they started to introduce regular foods instead of the shakes they started to gain it back.

the only bad thing I heard about it so far !!!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have no success stories for you but I do know that I have friends that have done it... They did very well on it.. Once they started to introduce regular foods instead of the shakes they started to gain it back.

the only bad thing I heard about it so far !!!

you're not supposed to drink shakeology in place of all your meals - just one of them... or as a supplement like I used to. and no, it's not a "quick fix". If you stop drinking it and start eating more calories than you're drinking with shakeology and you end up going over your TDEE... well... you'll gain weight. pretty standard.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Results? It's food. What do expect to happen?
  • emilyjobson7
    emilyjobson7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just use it as a supplement to get more protein in my diet, not to replace meals. It tastes like a protein powder and isn't some magic shake that will cause you to lose weight or anything, you log it like everything else.
  • karibyrd1125
    Options
    I have drank it for over 4 years now.... my cholesterol went from 157 to 108, I am never sick, I am never tired, I workout 6 days a week and I am 53 years old,,,, there is nothing on the market that compares in my opinion, everyone thinks they know all about it but I am a Beachbody coach. I know the people that created the formula, I know how these ingredients are cultivated and the quality .... its NO SlimFast, haha If you want to be healthy I suggest using it. People that say it doesn't taste good are people that eat JUNK ... its not ice cream... I think its GREAT and am sad each and every day when I get to bottom of my drink... People want to talk about cost,,, the problem is not the cost, the problem for them is its an EXCUSE. So YES I believe it to be worth every penny.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    there is nothing on the market that compares in my opinion,

I am a Beachbody coach.

:laugh:
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My in laws drink it religiously every day for breakfast. Not only do they love the taste of it but they have both changed drastically since they started. More energy, better mood, they work out six days a week (they're doing insanity together) and I've even noticed that my mother in laws skin looks fabulous since she started. They are dropping weight. It's not a weight loss shake, but it does help in the process.

Me, personally, I used to hate the chocolate shakeology but since I last tried it they've remade the chocolate formula and I have a new bag now ready to try. I'm very excited.
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've recently started using Shakeology and I love it. I'm in my second month and it has helped me kill my sweet cravings. I have been able to stop eating baked goods and candy since my cravings have subsided. I have more energy and have been able to keep up with my workouts.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I don't get how people change how they eat, and workout 6 days a week, but their only explanation as to why their cholesterol went down, and why they have more energy, and feel better is because they drank a shake full of vitamins your body doesn't need. Talk about having the wool pulled over your eyes. Try giving yourself some credit for once.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I don't get how people change how they eat, and workout 6 days a week, but their only explanation as to why their cholesterol went down, and why they have more energy, and feel better is because they drank a shake full of vitamins your body doesn't need. Talk about having the wool pulled over your eyes. Try giving yourself some credit for once.

your body doesn't need vitamins??
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You could just watch your calories, and introduce additional vitamin supplements into your diet.....
  • kab39
    kab39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am drinking chocolate shakeology on my 4 th week, have lost 9 lbs so far. I replace one meal a day with it. I love the new formula. I feel this has helped me jump start my weight loss I have been stuck for so long. I also work out and try to eat clean not all the time but defiantly much better than before.
  • bagge72
    Options

You can get your vitamins from a 15 calorie vitamin pill, and from your food. I also should have beem more broad with my statement, because there are a whole lot of things that shakeology gives you minimal of that you don't need.
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You could just watch your calories, and introduce additional vitamin supplements into your diet.....

Supplemention works for some folks but the bottom line is "Eat less calories and burn more." The best diet/lifestyle change is the one that you can stick with life long.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options

I believe she means you get your vitamins from eating healthy foods and/or taking a multi-vitamin. Your body can only absorb so much, any excess is wasted. Like Sheldon Cooper said "you're just buying expensive urine."
  • bagge72
    Options

I believe she means you get your vitamins from eating healthy foods and/or taking a multi-vitamin. Your body can only absorb so much, any excess is wasted. Like Sheldon Cooper said "you're just buying expensive urine."

I'm a real boy.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options

You can get your vitamins from a 15 calorie vitamin pill, and from your food. I also should have beem more broad with my statement, because there are a whole lot of things that shakeology gives you minimal of that you don't need.

Or you could drink shakeology, considering that it tastes fantastic, it's quick and convenient to make, people with limited time in the morning can drink it for breakfast in the car on the way to work. It's PACKED with superfoods that you simply cannot get anywhere else. Your body DOES need vitamins and shakeology gives you things that a regular "vitamin pill" doesn't. There's nothing in shakeology that is bad for you and there's no reason not to drink it other than the excuse that many people use: cost. When in reality, it costs no more than their daily latte at starbucks. Hmm.
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Or you could drink shakeology, considering that it tastes fantastic, it's quick and convenient to make, people with limited time in the morning can drink it for breakfast in the car on the way to work. It's PACKED with superfoods that you simply cannot get anywhere else. Your body DOES need vitamins and shakeology gives you things that a regular "vitamin pill" doesn't. There's nothing in shakeology that is bad for you and there's no reason not to drink it other than the excuse that many people use: cost. When in reality, it costs no more than their daily latte at starbucks. Hmm.

Obviously the OP did not mean for this to be a discussion of the merits, but a place for others to share their results/experience, BUT I couldn't help responding to your snarky statement.

Taking vitamins daily is cost and effort sustainable for most people's ENTIRE life. Drinking an expensive shake that must be "reordered" from overzealous salespeople is not. P.S. I don't know *anyone* who gets a $4 Starbucks every day of the week, sometimes twice (as some people do with Shakeology) but maybe I live in a different world than you do. One where people have better stuff to spend their money on, like kids/houses/cars/groceries. Hmmm.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Obviously the OP did not mean for this to be a discussion of the merits, but a place for others to share their results/experience, BUT I couldn't help responding to your snarky statement.

Taking vitamins daily is cost and effort sustainable for most people's ENTIRE life. Drinking an expensive shake that must be "reordered" from overzealous salespeople is not. P.S. I don't know *anyone* who gets a $4 Starbucks every day of the week, sometimes twice (as some people do with Shakeology) but maybe I live in a different world than you do. One where people have better stuff to spend their money on, like kids/houses/cars/groceries. Hmmm.

I guess someone doesn't live in NYC/LA/Chicago/etc... Starbucks is a way of life for millions of people. My girlfriend will grab Naked Juice constantly - which is even MORE than $4 a pop and gives you a fraction of what Shakeology's got in it with a days worth of sugar to boot.

Does anyone NEED Shakeology? No. Is it a good product if you prioritize convenience and can afford it? Yep. It's a luxury product people, just the way a mercedes is more expensive than a honda. Just because you're not interested doesn't make it "bad" for people who can fit it into their budget and like it.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with shakeology... Besides the MLM nature of its sales structure and hilariously exaggerated health claims.

The product itself is fine. It's just a shake. It's not miracle powder, it won't make you lose weight, etc.