Sugar Goal Question? Natural/Refined?

Hey so I've noticed my sugar limit is 24g... but a small packet of died cranberries is 18g of sugar and a blood orange is 14g of sugar. Since this is natural sugar from the fruit.. is it okay? I've also noticed the Fage Honey Greek Yogurt I eat 2-3x a week has 29 grams! Obviously because honey is sugar... but it's also natural sugar? So it must be better for me than eating 29 grams of sugar that comes from cookies or cakes.. right?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I don't worry about it too much. I'm always over too, but I try to stay under for carbs mostly. I don't even count fruit, but I try to limit 'sugar bombs' like chocolate or ice cream to 20g a day or something.
  • 4pears
    4pears Posts: 5
    You should try to stick to your daily sugar limit.
    I agree it is difficult to NOT eat sugar when it is found in FRESH fruit -- but be careful of the amount of DRIED fruit you eat as it is high in sugar. Also - you should look for another alternative for your yogurt. I use the Source 0% greek yogurt and is only has 4g sugar and 8g protein. .....................some things you will have to just search the grocery stores for to find the product that suits your requirements .
    Most definitely stay away from "refined" sugar -- cane sugar or agave nectar are great alternatives.
  • apcartwright
    apcartwright Posts: 27 Member
    I am finding that I have to change my fruits and veg to ones that have less sugar, they have been my hidden problem