Workouts and hair

Options

Replies

• SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others who said to use dry shampoo for your roots and when that isn't enough do just a rinse.
  • Momm22boys
    Options
    My hair reaches the middle of my back and I have to wash it after getting really sweaty or my scalp gets itchy. What I do is apply shampoo to my scalp only. I try not to 'wash" the ends of my hair everyday. I water down my shampoo and rub my scalp only. The length of my hair gets clean as I rinse the shampoo out. Since I started washing that way my hair seems less dry.
  • donnalee66
    Options
    My hair is dry normally. My doctor told me not to shampoo with hot water and to rinse with cool water. It does work!
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have mid back-length hair and also just shampoo every other day, and use my normal conditioner the other days. Once or twice a week, I'll bypass any sort of rinsing if I know I'm not leaving the house for the day. After a while, I've noticed that my hair isn't nearly as oily the next day and I can go a few days without worry.

Oh, and make sure your hair is totally dry before using dry shampoo. Learned the hard way and had fun clumps to brush through!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i have long thick hair and i use hrbal ess hello hydration for shampoo n conditioner blue bottle
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have mid length hair and I'm a wash every other day kinda girl...I also use tea tree shampoo and conditioner BUT when I went and got my hair done the other day, my girl used a morrocan hair products and I loved the way it made my hair feel.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and I seriously could not live without my dry shampoo!! I only wash my hair every other day or so but in the inbetween I use Not Your Mothers Neak Freak brand dry shampoo, smells great, freshens up the hairs and actually makes my hair eaiser to style!
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just shaved my head for a charity event, BUT I had extremely long, thick hair before. I HAVE to wash my hair when I sweat, it just makes me feel icky if I don't. I use a sulfate-free non lathering 'shampoo'/cleansing conditioner and my hair has no problems with dryness. Deva curl is my favorite :) for now it doesn't matter much though :D
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    my hair is so short it just doesn't matter. And I have to wear a hat at work anyway. <shrug> don't really care about my hair...never have.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Try a product called WEN. I've been using it for years and it can be used every day without drying or damaging hair.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try a product called WEN. I've been using it for years and it can be used every day without drying or damaging hair.

This is another good one :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    coconut oil.... all that other hippie crap about how good it is... ummm.. i dunno... but as a conditioner... great
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If we're suggesting shampoo/conditioner here I use: Pureology (purple one), Joico moisture bound, Paul Mitchell awapuhi shampoo, bed head level 3 (red bottle), and coconut oil. I have liters and switch every 2 months or so. Again, I only use coconut oil once every other day instead of shampooing and conditioning. ;)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas I've never heard of but want to try...
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I asked this question a month ago cause I look like I just got out of the shower after my work outs including my dripping wet hair LOL I use moroccan shampoo and conditioner OH me oh MY is it amazing. NOW I do 1 day of shampoo conditioner next day with just conditioner so forth so on. Also I use a leave in conditioner about two times out the week just to tell my hair Hey I love you sorry i'm cleaning you so much.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have long hair and usually end up washing about twice a day - I use a mix btwn herbal essence (for color treated hair), Head and shoulders, and No Brand (from Sally's) "Paul Mitchell Tea Tree" Shampoo and Conditioner. Not at the same time lol I use Head and Shoulders at least twice a week. I also use either Organix Argon Oil or Fekkai gloss drops (mostly cause I have like 3 trial size tubes from when I worked at Bath and Body works) These help keep some moisture in the ends of my hair with all the washing - if I don't wash every day then my scalp is really greasy. I will say that doing a cold rinse at the end and a deep conditioning at least weekly with something like Aussie 3 min miracle helps a lot too.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I asked this question a month ago cause I look like I just got out of the shower after my work outs including my dripping wet hair LOL I use moroccan shampoo and conditioner OH me oh MY is it amazing. NOW I do 1 day of shampoo conditioner next day with just conditioner so forth so on. Also I use a leave in conditioner about two times out the week just to tell my hair Hey I love you sorry i'm cleaning you so much.

This is off topic; sorry OP. Moroccan oil (Argan oil) works fantastic for skin... But it makes my hair fall out!!! I tried Moroccan oil brand, Moroccan Argan oil by organic, etc. etc. literally gobs of hair falling out... But oh how I adore the following-

Balsam_de_corp_Ros_Argan.jpg
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am soooo going shopping tomorrow. I was never big on purchasing hair products (which is why I know so little about them), but I think I need to invest some time and energy into figuring out a solution. Your suggestions are great! Since I didn't have time to go out and get anything tonight, I decided to try the no-shampoo and warm-water-rinse technique. :drinker:
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use suave professionals moroccan infusion not sure if thats the same. but for me i have thick curly wavy hair and i've been using it for a month now and my hair hasn't been falling out like crazy