Almond Milk - Can you use it in coffee?

Options
Hi there,

I have bought a carton of Almond Milk to take with me camping this weekend [Yes totally mad as it's minus 2 here at the minute!]

I wanted to try it on my cereal but have never used the product before....can you use it like regular milk in tea and cooking or is it primarily used for cereal?

Many thanks
Sky

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I use it for everything I'd normally use cow's milk for! :drinker:
    Cooking, baking, cereal, hot cocoa, whatever...

ETA: I just took it backpacking last week for the first time to mix up a protein shake after the day's hike! It worked wonderfully. Even though I prefer to drink it cold, it sure was convenient!
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I love to use almond milk with cereal and protein shakes. It is a great alternative for that. When I use it with coffee though, it doesn't have the same taste. It's a healthier alternative, but you just have to get used to it.
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use it in everything...absolutely everything. It makes a wicked lo cal hot chocolate drink
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I suggest you just try it.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Why not? I've never tried it in coffee since I drink mine black, but I have it in my tea.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    No, it'll implode the universe.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the taste of almond milk in coffee so I stick with skim. Love almond milk with nutty cereal though
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Do NOT use it to make pudding.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Almond milk tastes sweeter that other milk substitutes. I personally didn't like it in tea/coffee but great on cereal and I baked goods such as muffins.
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it doesn't taste the same as milk. I tried it in my coffee for a couple weeks before I went back to using lowfat milk.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for the very helpful replies!

Can't wait to try it now
    :smile:
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ...can you use it like regular milk in tea...

I have been dairy free for a couple of years now, and in my opinion, the almond milk (I use blue diamond unsweetened UHT) is the best all rounder. I have it in porridge, smoothies, and in coffee, just give it a good shake before you use it.
  • preggofito
    preggofito Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use it for everything...
    I use it in coffee, tea, cooking, baking, etc... I dont buy regular milk.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I don't like it in my coffee but I always use it in cereal, porridge and to make shakes aswell :)
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I love almond milk, I usually have it with cereal, but I've used it once to make macaroni and cheese (ran out of skim milk, but it turned out really yummy), and once I used it in black tea (it was OK).
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love Almond Milk in my cereal like others but it taste horrible in my coffee.
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    I have used it in my coffee. It does give it a bit of a different flavour which you get used to.

I have only used the original, unsweetened plain version so the chocolate or vanilla may make it taste a bit better in coffee.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I love it in tea, has a bit of a nutty taste. I use it for everything but it won't set in pudding.