I am terrible at this.

Options
I am actively trying to lose weight but I always forget to log my info. I need someone to hold me accountable. Also this is the first time I have ever used the website. I mostly use my phone app. My name is Lea I'm 21 pushing 22. I have 2 daughters under the age of two. I have a fantastic since of humor and I enjoy being awkward.

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Lea!
    The forums can be a great resource for finding out information :)
  • Blueyeddanger20
    Options
    don't worry i forget to log info as well. I mostly forget because i'm so busy all the time. but i'll send you a friend request and i'll try to help
  • chezzielou1984
    Options
    Hi Lea,

Only you can hold yourself accountable. If you really want this to work then you must do it.

Buy a note pad and write down the reasons you want to lose weight and use it for inspiration.
    Also log everything you eat in it all day and last thing at night log it on here.

If you need motivation, add me as a friend and I will help you.
    My name is Cheryl and I am 29.
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like to use the phone app too. Sometimes I go a little bar code scanning crazy....crazy how much info is on here and its all free! Feel free to shoot me a request, I'm working on being more consistent with my logs. I would enjoy your fantastic sense of humor and we can be awkward together :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I find it easiest to list my diary before I eat it. I plan out everything and usually more than I will eat and then it is easy for me to cruise to being under my goal for total calories and have my macros where I want them. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site Lea.

Good luck.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I already have a Lea.

But good luck.
  • TruthinBeauty
    Options
    good luck! today is my first day too.. I've alwys been into diet/exercise.. But, I'm 43 and battling a thyroid issue.. I think I have to really start watching.. even more so.. I hope this site helps!
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    use the reminders feature to your phone will pop-up to remind you at a set time if you haven't logged a meal. that works the best for me. it'll become habit eventually.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I find it easiest to list my diary before I eat it. I plan out everything and usually more than I will eat and then it is easy for me to cruise to being under my goal for total calories and have my macros where I want them. Anyone is welcome to add me.
    That's so funny. I do this too!:laugh: It really does help to keep my on track. Good luck Lea!!:flowerforyou:
  • hicks6471
    Options
    keep your head up and dont give up, I havnt been doing it long, ive lost 3 lbs sense I started and Im 39.. you can do it
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals out beforehand. Do this for a few days in advance, if not a week. Prep your food on Sunday and pack it up so you have no excuses. If you vary from the plan slightly, write it down and add it when you have a chance.

*Using the website to add food to your diary is, to me, much quicker and less tedious than using the app.

No one can make you log your food or exercise, but you can make it easier for yourself if you get into routines to help yourself stay accountable.

Best of luck.
  • gish27
    gish27 Posts: 78
    Options
    we need more people with a sense of humour on here,im irish to,add if u want
  • LinzJA
    LinzJA Posts: 16
    Options
    sent request :) hope we can help each other out!