• dnova51
    dnova51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is the worst Recipes thread ever

If you put tofu on rice cakes with a tablespoon of salsa, it tastes *exactly* like Chipotle! I'm definitely going to have this for dinner tonight!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I get the chicken burrito bowl with salsa, guac and no cheese. I don't get beans or rice either. Not a big fan of beans and rice ;) I do love Chipotle and always have since I discovered the burrito bowl
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This is the worst Recipes thread ever

If you put tofu on rice cakes with a tablespoon of salsa, it tastes *exactly* like Chipotle! I'm definitely going to have this for dinner tonight!

tumblr_m8u75u4JQu1r3kknh.gif
  • Jennid27
    Jennid27 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love the crunchy tacos, (HUGE cal savings over their soft tortillas...), skip the rice and add chicken, lettuce, salsa and you can still afford cheese. Their web site lets you build your own meal so do some research before you go in. Their chips and salsa sounds harmless...they are not.:-( Oh, and you can ask for two tacos...they will automatically give you 3...I like to keep my lunch closer to 300 cal so I have more room for the rest of the day.
  • freebird777
    Options
    Everyone needs to calm down a little bit about omitting meat lol. You can be fantastically healthy without it, and still get plenty of protein. YouTube "vegan body builders". You'll be amazed.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have never been there , but i would go for the burrito bowl 2 servings of chicken, white rice, lettuce and cheese.
    655 calories-34 carbs-74.5 protein-25.5 fat
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I haven't been, but looking at the nutrition online definitely convinced me not to check. Even their chicken has a ridiculous amount of fat, they probably cook it in oil or something...

All of their meats are cooked in oil (and yes, it's the expected "vegetable" oil) *except* the pork/carnitas.

please don't report me.....i've never been to chipotle :frown:

Then how did you get on my FL???

(Oh wait...you aren't...

...and that is why.)

:never been to chipotle indeed: pshaw

well...I didn't want to be friends anyway ***walks away in a huff**
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ditching the meat but suggesting beans for protein?

Wut!?

My go to: burrito Bol, double chicken, white rice, black beans, tomato, hot salsa, cheese, lettuce.

Yeah I agree! Ditch the beans and go for chicken! Personally, I don't get all the Chipotle love. To me it's just an expensive version of Taco Bell.

You take that back!!

"Not gonna do it! Not gonna do it. It wouldn't be prudent, at this juncture."

dana%20carvey.jpg

Taco Bell is pretty tasty, and I can get full for half the cost of a Chipotle bowl. :smokin:

If i want Mexican food that tastes like Mexican food, I will go to a locally-owned and operated by real Mexicans who know how to cook! :bigsmile:

I've tried Taco Bell once in my life -- people, that is not even food! I don't know what that is.

"Real Mexicans who know how to cook" unfortunately can't afford midtown Manhattan rent. :(

That's too bad. Come to Missouri. We have *loads* of them here! :bigsmile:
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to calm down a little bit about omitting meat lol. You can be fantastically healthy without it, and still get plenty of protein. YouTube "vegan body builders". You'll be amazed.
    It tasteS good.
    It's a natural source of healthy protein.
    It tastes good.
    What are you not getting?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I haven't been, but looking at the nutrition online definitely convinced me not to check. Even their chicken has a ridiculous amount of fat, they probably cook it in oil or something...

All of their meats are cooked in oil (and yes, it's the expected "vegetable" oil) *except* the pork/carnitas.

please don't report me.....i've never been to chipotle :frown:

Then how did you get on my FL???

(Oh wait...you aren't...

...and that is why.)

:never been to chipotle indeed: pshaw

well...I didn't want to be friends anyway ***walks away in a huff**

As you can see from my profile, I completely agree.
  • freebird777
    Options
    It tasteS good.
    It's a natural source of healthy protein.
    It tastes good.
    What are you not getting?

http://www.forksoverknives.com/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/a-cure-for-cancer-eating_b_298282.html

Check those out. I'm in no way trying to dictate how other people should eat...I'm the last person who would do that. I personally have done a lot of reading on this debate, and am starting to realize that it may be healthier to eat a diet lower in meat and dairy. On the political side, many people don't eat meat because most of it comes from factory farms where animals are treated terribly and inhumanely, and the process of factory farming contributes very much to the destruction of our planet.

I try to keep an open mind. Just some friendly food for thought.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options

No doubt. But if your only reason for skipping meat is to cut calories, replacing it with beans is just nonsensical.
  • freebird777
    Options

No doubt. But if your only reason for skipping meat is to cut calories, replacing it with beans is just nonsensical.

Oh, totally agree.
  • katherinericker9
    Options
    I LOVE Chipotle!!! But I'm so going to try this...thanks for the info!!
  • sarahahum
    sarahahum Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat. The reason I do this personally is because I have issues with meat grossing me out midway through a meal and not being able to keep eating, and I found that that was the aspect of Chipotle that was putting me off. Also, if you get beans AND meat, that's a lot more calories than just beans isn't it? If you want meat and no beans, to each his own, but don't make it seem like I am saying meat is a high calorie poor source of protein or something stupid like that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not eating meat at every single meal.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat.....

thanks for clearing that up
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat.

Wait, what?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat.....

thanks for clearing that up

I'm not...I can't...I...never mind.