Insanity Month Two Results/Calorie Intake

Options
So, I did month 1 of insanity combined with 30ds eating between 1700-1900 calories. I got what I feel to be good results... lost 7 pounds and a couple inches from my waist. I started Month 2 last Monday along with RI30, eating the same amount of calories, the scale hasn't moved :( I was just hoping for a pound a week for the last few weeks. I guess I am just disappointed that most people say that Month 2 brings way better results, and I don't see anything. I weigh 157 @ 5'4ish" and work as a teacher. Do you think the calories are right? Should I change something else? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Did you take any measurements?

Do you wear a HRM?

Also, why are you doing BOTH programs? I've completed Insanity twice. I burn 800+ calories and am gassed after each workout -- especially after day 5 or 6. If you've got enough left in you to do RI30, maybe you can push a little harder during Insanity.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    Month 2 is alot more intense. You may actually need to increase your calories a bit. My first time through insanity was alot of trial and error, not eating enough to eating to much. For me personally I saw the best results when I was consuming about 2000 a day. Great job on the 7 pound loss!
  • c2jvintage
    c2jvintage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did you take any measurements?

Do you wear a HRM?

Also, why are you doing BOTH programs? I've completed Insanity twice. I burn 800+ calories and am gassed after each workout -- especially after day 5 or 6. If you've got enough left in you to do RI30, maybe you can push a little harder during Insanity.

I did take measurements at the beginning and then at the end of month one. I didn't want to "cheat" and measure before the end of month 2, hoping to be pleasantly suprised. LOL I of course can't keep off the scale :(

I do wear a HRM. During month 1 my workouts burnt between 350-500 calories. In month two they are between 400-600ish.

I am doing both programs to try to look decent in a bikini formy June honeymoon to the Cayman Islands. I do RI30 before Insanity 4 days per week and on my Insanity rest day. Maybe I should get rid of it, I put Jillian on mute anyways because I can't stand her voice or stupid comments.

Thanks for your advice :)
  • c2jvintage
    c2jvintage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Month 2 is alot more intense. You may actually need to increase your calories a bit. My first time through insanity was alot of trial and error, not eating enough to eating to much. For me personally I saw the best results when I was consuming about 2000 a day. Great job on the 7 pound loss!

Even with a HRM I do feel like it is a guessing game. I make sure to NET 1200 every day. Maybe that extra couple hundred calories would make a difference. Thank you!

You look great BTW. What kind of results did you get with the program?