What's Disease Are You At Risk For? (Link to quiz)

Options

Replies

• snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    Wow I need to learn how to talk! **What Disease Are You At Risk For?

..Jeesh..
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Thx! Bookmarking to take later...
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I have so much family history on some of these diseases that sometimes it is so discouraging and I feel like I'm at risk for everything (even the ones I know aren't likely... like my dad had lung cancer but he also smoked for decades... well, I have never smoked and thankfully was not around him when he smoked either since he didn't smoke in the house!.)

Anyway... took the questionnaires and was encouraged to see how much the healthy habits I already have count towards decreasing risk... and that of course losing weight will help even more. :)
  • amyslay
    amyslay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So I did mine answering how I eat and stay active now and it said MUCH BELOW AVERAGE:happy: for Diabeties. Then did it from how I used to eat and not workout and it said ABOVE AVERGE:indifferent: for Diabeties. Amazing how much whole grains and walking 3x a week can help. not have to give yourself a shot everyday
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    I love how at the end of the quiz you can click on the options on what you can do to lower the risk and it shows how much the bar goes down!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    this was really fun! I love that my risks are so low because of my lifestyle changes!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I checked for Diabetes since my dad has it pretty severely...much below average.
    I also checked for heart disease since my mom died of a heart attack and my dad has had open heart surgery...very much below average.

Whew!