MFP is great but what would you change if you could?

Options

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    MORE HOT MEN PLEASE!
    MORE PEOPLE THAT SPEAK THEIR MINDS,
    cause BLUNT WORKS!
    MORE WILD CRAZY PEOPLE LIKE ME!
    YEAH!
    TAKE THAT!
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a "like" button, and get updates when someone has comments or replied to something.

Definitely a "like" button!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to set a separate daily calorie goal for days I work out vs. days I don't. I would like to have a 1400 calorie goal on non-workout days, and a NET 1200 calorie goal on workout days.

^^ this too : )
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Might be nice to have a generic weight training category in the exercise section. My routine consists of pyramids and drop sets and entering in every set (with different weight and rep count for each) would take so much time I don't bother with it. (I do separately keep track of that elsewhere so I can see my progress in lifting more weight from week to week.)
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the recipe section be like the food section, where you can adjust the quantity of something without having to delete and start a whole new search.

^^^This!!! I routinely re-use the same recipes, but ingredient weights constantly vary, so I'm always futzing with my previously entered recipes, and I wish I could just adjust the amount of an ingredient within a previously created recipe. This is really my only big pet peeve with MFP.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the recipe section be like the food section, where you can adjust the quantity of something without having to delete and start a whole new search.

^^^This!!! I routinely re-use the same recipes, but ingredient weights constantly vary, so I'm always futzing with my previously entered recipes, and I wish I could just adjust the amount of an ingredient within a previously created recipe. This is really my only big pet peeve with MFP.

Yeah, this'd be handy.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I would like an option to enter foods by weight. I weigh everything, and the MFP options are mostly volume measurements, which don't help. I quit logging foods (I keep a paper diary anyway as I don't have a smartphone and can't enter foods on the go) because it was such a pain to try to find an entry that fit closely with my weighed portion.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'd want to get rid of the "You've earned calories" bs whenever you log exercise. It's like trying to say you get to reward yourself with food, for working out. Which is counter-productive IMO.

You might want to do some research on how this site that you joined works. Mfp already sets you at a healthy deficit to lose. When you exercise your deficit increases (for some to a dangerous level). Eating back exercise calories gets you to your original healthy deficit (this is why you hear the terms GROSS calories and NET calories. Not counter productive and not a reward system. People should really know what kind of site they are on and how it actually works. There is science and smart stuff behind it :).
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    scheduling workouts ahead of time and more specific body measurements
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I wish they had some T-shirts, and work out branded gear, I'd promote the best site on the internet, it'd be cool to see others at the gym and in the real world that are members too,

^^I'd buy workout gear from this site!!

I would too! that's a cool idea. but is it selfish that I also kind of like my own little MFP bubble of all online friends and no real world friends that way I can say whatever I want on the threads without having to worry about anything... :blushing:
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would like to see that you can check the boxes on the food items, search for a new item, and then hit post. I don't like having to go back and forth every time I add my food in.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    it would kind of be great for MFP to suggest a meal to fit that last amount of calories and macros u have left. then again that may be dangerous for people only having 100 cals left for dinner haha. but I always thought this would help me to meet my daily goals without having to think too much about it at the end of the day.

also would like a drag and drop option for meals. I feel like online entry takes forever.

also, with so many options for the same entry to pick from, can we have a vote down or vote to remove button of some sorts? sure we are able to see how many confirmation each item has but u have to click through each one to see that number. people should be able to vote for wrong info and have those removed.

searching for new friends: be able to search for friends with the option to include photos

friends list: delete multiple friends at a time (using a checkbox or something)
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of new on this site so forgive me if I have missed something...

I would like a "Like" button!
    I would like to be able to change my nutritional goals as I lose weight and it not affect my history.
    I would like to be able to view previous daily summaries from the Home page.

Thank you!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a "like" button, and get updates when someone has comments or replied to something.

Like. (Me too.)
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    also would like a drag and drop option for meals. I feel like online entry takes forever.

There already is this - if you click on "quick tools" in your diary (or the wrench in the app), you can copy a meal from an earlier day with one click. I do this all the time since my breakfast / lunch / snacks for most days are pretty near identical. In addition, there's a tool to make a meal that MFP will remember.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would like the option to track nutrients without tracking calories.

Also, it would be cool if it announced inches lost on your feed as it does weight.
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    MORE HOT MEN PLEASE!
    MORE PEOPLE THAT SPEAK THEIR MINDS,
    cause BLUNT WORKS!
    MORE WILD CRAZY PEOPLE LIKE ME!
    YEAH!
    TAKE THAT!

Hee hee. If there there was a "Like" button... I would hit it.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    The forum would be a vBulletin forum.
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My ticker says I lost 44lbs. I've lost 43.5. No, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd rather display my real loss!

SO TRUE!!! That is the one thing that frustrates me the most!!!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    1. You could use the forums on the app
    2. Notifications when someone comments on something of yours

Perfection :glasses: