Can I work off yesterday's calories today?

Options
Made a last minute midnight TacoBell run last night that didn't fit into yesterdays macros. I'm planning a gruesome workout tonight.... if I eat a bit less today, will it all even out?

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    just log them to todays macros instead... the body doesnt care its overall input vs output.
  • affini12
    affini12 Posts: 25
    Options
    Made a last minute midnight TacoBell run last night that didn't fit into yesterdays macros. I'm planning a gruesome workout tonight.... if I eat a bit less today, will it all even out?
    Basically to lose a pound, you have to burn 3500 calories more than you consume. So if in the week, you burn 3500, you'll still lose a pound. 7000 for 2 pounds...etc. So ultimately, it does all even out.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    No, your body needs calories.
    It will not function on fewer calories today just because you decided to do so. Working out more/eating less in function of what you ate before is a destructive behavior. Going over your macros (are they realistic for you, by the way?) for a day will not have any impact on your body.
    Today is a new day.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I would log it in the correct day (12:01 a.m. and on is today), and it's good that you have a plan to get a nice burn in today. I think it would even out. Just don't make a habit of it :)
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I go by the week not the day. I have days I am under and days I am over. As long as I meet my calorie goal for the week that is all that matters to me. Life happens. Taco Bell Runs happen. LOL!! Currently March Madness crazy here in Louisville. Go Cards! Which means pizza and beer on the weekends watching games for sure. If I have a day that is over by 300 I just make sure I am under by a 100 for a few days to make up for it or do a double work out. Good Luck!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I would log it in the correct day (12:01 a.m. and on is today), and it's good that you have a plan to get a nice burn in today. I think it would even out. Just don't make a habit of it :)

^^^ This
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    yes, you can do it. Your body doesn't automatically reset everyday. But you probably already started storing the food as fat since it was before bedtime. And there is little activity to work it off overnight unless you work night shift
  • Argentino
    Argentino Posts: 52
    Options
    Thats what I figured... I'm eating plenty to fuel my workout today, but I normally "eat back" calories; today I will just eatback half.