Fitbit tracker

Options
Is there anyone who would recommend the Fitbit tracker? If not what would you recommend for working out that tells you how many calories you burned?

Replies

• sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is basically a pedometer, it logs steps taken and if you have the one it measures stairs climbed. It will calculate calories burned for the day based on your size and steps but that is it. If you want to track calories burned for a workout you will need a heart rate monitor. I personally have both and use them both as intended, if I only had to choose one I would go with the HRM. Fitbit is fun and can be motivating, and I do like seeing cals burned for the day, this along with a few other calculations has been helpful for my weight loss.
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I own and have used the fit bit now for 2 years. It gives me steps and calories burned all day. I also use a HRM. The HRM is only accurate when you are in an active state, so wearing it all day is not going to give you an accurate all day read. I have compared the two readings and feel like each is accurate for what it is intended for. I have lost a total of 36 lbs and kept it off for a year now. I attribute my success to both the fitbit and MFP.
  • heathermiller77715
    Options
    Wow thankyou both. I will look in to buying both a HRM and the Fitbit. Is there a specific HRM brand you would recommend? You both look great btw.