How do you know if you are being scammed?

Options

Replies

• FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If I was fake, I'd steal pictures of someone 20x hotter than me. JS.

Let me know how that fishing works out for you.

fisherman1_zps2ae7169e.jpg

I lol'd.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I'm really this guy. There, now you know you were scammed.

batman_zps1fcbcdc3.jpg

I don't understand why you don't keep that picture!

That's hotness in a two ton package right there!

And, as you can see, I have an amazing plan for world domination. So it's not all bad.

Gonna use your gravitational pull or something? :indifferent:

image0013480114010356shljl.gif

We can do it together then!

fat-man-jack-meme-generator-bring-me-solo-and-the-wookiee-26e1bb.jpg?1337467386.jpg
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am me.... everyone else is taken! That is all.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gave ALOT of money away when she was scammed by a 'love' interest on the internet. I could not believe her stupidity....I told her, her family told her...I mean why would she listen to people that cared about her when she was in 'love' and 'trusted him'.

She was actually surprised when the reality finally dawned on her, or rather when it smacked her in the face :noway:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm hot, wealthy, and enormously successful. I work as a well-known actress in Hollywood, have been a lingerie model, former cover girl for Sports Illustrated, married to a basket ball star, divorced from a current NFL player, and spend most of my time traveling between the French Riviera and the Greek islands on my 225-foot, private yacht. I've hung out with George Clooney and Brad Pitt has agreed to be my child's God parent.

Everyone wants me or is jealous of me for my perfect life. Don't be hating.

Mom?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Alright people we all I am sure understand that many people on here are
    not who they claim to be right?? So how do you know if the person you are
    actually interacting with is who they say they are?

Could this person really be the hottie you think they are OR could they be that creep
    living in a dark basement somewhere thriving on pretending to be the person they are not!!

This site is great for encouragement and support but what about the internet scamers. The ones
    out there that prey on the vulnerable... just telling the unsuspecting pawn in their game what they want to hear.
    There is TONS of flirting going on around this site and I was just wondering if you all actually believe the
    one you are flirting with are who they perceive to be or does it even matter to you?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Life in general is the same way. The person sitting next to someone in a pew every week can be a sex offender.
    People of authority engage in illegal activity.
    You just gotta be as aware and as smart as you can be and sometimes let your intuition about someone be your guide.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    My profile is completely made up. I even have a throwaway email address that I used to create my profile. I could never hope to be as exciting or handsome as the person I have chosen to be in my profile.

I'm really a 37 year old unemployed, socially inept, cosplay gamer living in my Parents' basement.

DAD!!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    OH and someone did actually 'out' someone on here, she skyped with him and found a totally different person than the fake pics and abercombie model he said he was....she already suspected...she posted on here to warn everyone and lo and behold it was locked then deleted!!?
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    my one internet rule.... no one on the internet is real. You are all a figment of my imagination and live in my computer to entertain me.

computer.jpg
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I usually assume it's a dude wearing a wig but looks good doing it.

Unless I'm proven otherwise.

Damn...I'm busted!!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Were here for fitness, not dating. IM MARRIED AN COULD CARE LESS, i just want the weightloss and fitness tips to work. THAT would tick me off if they were trying to make me FAT! lol

^^ This ^^
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

Damn...I'm busted!!

hA8519E0D
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm hot, wealthy, and enormously successful. I work as a well-known actress in Hollywood, have been a lingerie model, former cover girl for Sports Illustrated, married to a basket ball star, divorced from a current NFL player, and spend most of my time traveling between the French Riviera and the Greek islands on my 225-foot, private yacht. I've hung out with George Clooney and Brad Pitt has agreed to be my child's God parent.

Everyone wants me or is jealous of me for my perfect life. Don't be hating.

Pfft please.... you ain't got nothing on me.

I had subway.

'Nuff said.

Hey, if you can talk the talk, you better walk the walk and start posting your even more fabulous life. Until then, I don't believe you.

:wink:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make -- my avatar picture... isn't really me.....

^^^ this lol

no wait, I'm really posting this from my cave 50,000 years ago using a modem that contains a wormhole even though neanderthals never managed to invent stitched clothing or projectile weapons... and my forehead really looks like that and i really do have mud in my hair.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    Options

^^^ this lol

no wait, I'm really posting this from my cave 50,000 years ago using a modem that contains a wormhole even though neanderthals never managed to invent stitched clothing or projectile weapons... and my forehead really looks like that and i really do have mud in my hair.

...Doctor Who?
  • neandermagnon
    Options

^^^ this lol

...Doctor Who?

was that the weird cro-magnon vertical forehead dude with the funny clothes in that funny box thing that kept disappearing and reappearing...? he gave me the modem. and the babel fish so I could speak English. he borrowed the babel fish from some dude with 3 arms and 2 heads.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    Options

^^^ this lol

...Doctor Who?

was that the weird cro-magnon vertical forehead dude with the funny clothes in that funny box thing that kept disappearing and reappearing...? he gave me the modem. and the babel fish so I could speak English. he borrowed the babel fish from some dude with 3 arms and 2 heads.
    \

Speaking of flirting, I think I just fell in love with you.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Damn...I'm busted!!

hA8519E0D
    lol
  • neandermagnon
    Options

^^^ this lol

...Doctor Who?

\

Speaking of flirting, I think I just fell in love with you.

:blushing:
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    yep, not really me, I just used this pic cause at least he can see his toes..:laugh: :laugh: