MFP is great but what would you change if you could?

Options

Replies

• 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I wish they had some T-shirts, and work out branded gear, I'd promote the best site on the internet, it'd be cool to see others at the gym and in the real world that are members too,

^^I'd buy workout gear from this site!!

I would too! that's a cool idea. but is it selfish that I also kind of like my own little MFP bubble of all online friends and no real world friends that way I can say whatever I want on the threads without having to worry about anything... :blushing:

same here. t-shirts would be great!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'd want to get rid of the "You've earned calories" bs whenever you log exercise. It's like trying to say you get to reward yourself with food, for working out. Which is counter-productive IMO.

You might want to do some research on how this site that you joined works. Mfp already sets you at a healthy deficit to lose. When you exercise your deficit increases (for some to a dangerous level). Eating back exercise calories gets you to your original healthy deficit (this is why you hear the terms GROSS calories and NET calories. Not counter productive and not a reward system. People should really know what kind of site they are on and how it actually works. There is science and smart stuff behind it :).
    Ugh, I had a huge rant, but decided to delete it and simpy say.

A guy, who knows how to program javascript made this website. Not a personal trainer, doctor, or nutritionist. "Science and smart stuff"...yeah, I don't think so. I've actually researched and talked to doctors. If you're depending on the poor macros of this site, you're going to have issues.

Don't be daft and eat at such a deficit that you can't workout without eating MORE. You know you're working out and you should know that working out increases your deficit, so learn the "Science and smart stuff" on your own, like I did; and plan for it.

How would this work? I eat about 1900 calories a day and have daily goal set that much. On my long run day I can burn 2000 calories more. I should eat 3900 calories for the day. which I know I can't possibly do. (but this is just an example)
    Can I add 2000 in exercise calories or should I go into My Home, goals, change my daily goal for the day to reflect the extra calories. I think the earning more calories works. The only thing I wish is if there was a setting to space them out over the course of 2 or 3 days.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    "Site down for maintenance. Please try again in a couple of minutes"

Three hours later...
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The forum would be a vBulletin forum.
    Fantastic idea. VBulletin, SMF, phpBB - any full-fledged forum software. It would make the forum somewhat separate (what many people want), and moderation, user management, user features, subscription management, etc. etc. - all way easier to manage and nicer for users. I'm sure those forums also support ad-revenue, but maybe that's the main sticking point.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    MORE HOT MEN PLEASE!

You rang?

lol:laugh:
  • Nitabug36
    Nitabug36 Posts: 65
    Options
    I hate when my logging days reset. If I forget to log, as long as I go back within 24 hours, that day should count...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Well right now a setting that lets me set up to show weekly calorie goals or schedule it by day would be great since I'm no longer eating the same amount of calories every day.

If this already exists and I just didn't realize it someone let me know!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to send PMs to more than one person at a time.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Like you can with the "Most Used" tab in foods, we need the ability to delete items from the "recent" tab in foods.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    The ability to read/respond to blogs and forum posts from my iphone and ipad. It's so dumb that you can't do that.
  • keithjleslie
    keithjleslie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the ability to share recipes. My family uses MFP as well and when I enter a recipe I make, it is not easy for them to get it, they can't copy it and I can't share it with them. It would be nice to have a view/copy recipes type of thing.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

I would change the app so we can visit the forums on it.

this.
    me too.
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1. On the site, when you search for a food, I would like to see the calories for each before you add it to your diary, like on the app.
    2. I would like to be able to read and interact on the forums on the app.
    3. A like button would be nice!
    4. To be able to share recipes with others. I enter it and my husband can't use it and is to lazy or busy to enter all that in himself.
    5. That the most used, and recent tabs would actually update. Some of the stuff on my tabs is way old stuff that I've only eaten once.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    chat feature

edit comments
  • Maliberri
    Maliberri Posts: 59
    Options
    I would definitely love notifications for when someone comments on a status I comment on or a like and dislike button :3
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    1. On the site, when you search for a food, I would like to see the calories for each before you add it to your diary, like on the app.

THIS!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    To be able to personalize the breakdown of our 'goals'. I want a specific calorie goal and a specific carb goal. I always have to either adjust the calories to get the exact carb goal I want or get my exact calorie goal and have the carbs either under or over. I hate that.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    MORE HOT MEN PLEASE!
    MORE PEOPLE THAT SPEAK THEIR MINDS,
    cause BLUNT WORKS!
    MORE WILD CRAZY PEOPLE LIKE ME!
    YEAH!
    TAKE THAT!

Hee hee. If there there was a "Like" button... I would hit it.

if there was a single gal near me so would i :)
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    - Notifications like Facebook has
    - More graphs and statistics
    - Option for more than 5 nutrients tracked
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    1. Weekly fitness and nutritional goal tracking.
    2. Maybe some built-in fitness goals (kinda like Fitocracy Quests).
    3. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD add more than 5 nutrient tracking categories. Something like what the app uses (full nutritional panel tracking) would be awesome. People have been asking for this for years on the website feedback section.
    4. Ability to search for non-user entered nutritional data easily. Right now, I have to scroll through dozens of entries for things like eggs, milk, etc. to find the USDA information, and it's very irritating.