Which is worse Smoking or Binge Eating Junk food.

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Smoking; black lungs, cancer, death, second hand smoking can lead to asthama, allergies etc. smoking while pregnant can lead to a birth defect in the baby, or premature birth and the child being dependent on smoking

binge eating: obesity, heart attacks, diabetes, strokes etc

when you really think about it they are both equally bad . people tend to want to minimize one thing not looking as bad as the other. but the reality is there are no catergories as to small, medium or large mistakes. a mistake is a mistake.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's even close, smoking hands down worse. At the very least, even McDonald's provides some macros and can fuel a workout. I wouldn't recommend it, but one binge at least has some merit but one cigarette, to an "ex-smoker", is a door begging to be waked through. If you were an "ex-binger", then a binge could be too, but IMO, smoking is far LESS healthy than binge-ing.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    On a purely selfish level, I wish you'd just binged.

Yep - I don't want to smell it. Your eating affects only you - smoking affects everyone you come in contact with.
  • bladebarbie
    Options
    Binge eating...
  • SlimDown4Good
    Options
    For me - Smoking 1 cigarette is worse - quitting smoking was the hardest thing I have ever done. When I quit it was cold turkey and never looked back.

FEAR keeps me from smoking just one - it would then become 2 or 5 or a pack.

I worked to hard to get the monkey off my back.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Smoking, I quit once, all it took was 1 to get me started again.
    I feel this way as well...except I quit twice (ok, it was more like 4 times), so at this point, I know that its all or nothing, and I can't go back to being a smoker ever again..

Personally, just a good hard workout helps to relieve stress, but I do understand the urge to smoke or eat when stressed..I think most people do!

Quittin's easy. I've done it hundreds of times.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Forget that.

I go all out.

After this I hit up Subway.

guysmoking_zps96bad16b.jpg

^^TOBACCO
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    now this is UTTERLY HILARIOUS!
    there is NOTHING wrong with SMOKING, junk food
    or BOOZE!

tumblr_m3vmj5Xre01qm6bdq.gif
  • Kelin
    Kelin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Smoking is worse. You can exercise a binge off. You can't un-do the damage that cigarettes do to your body. Plus, its just nasty. I'm a ex-smoker too and it took 4 years for the cravings to go away. Hang in there, and put down the cig.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've never tried smoking junk food. I guess there's always a first.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I would say smoking is worse, but it also sort of depends on the size of the binge IMO...

If you cram down 20,000 calories over the course of the day your body is going to freak out. If you are eating an extra 1,000 calories I call that a carb-up! :drinker:

Extra food within reason can do you a LOT of good, especially if you've been dieting for a long time, are training incredibly hard, etc.

I can't think of anything redeeming about even ONE cigarette, but if you are comparing that one smoke to a binge during which you consume tens of thousands of calories it might be less harmful.
  • janehlansing
    Options
    I don't know really... I quit smoking 2.5 years ago....I miss it everyday... however.. I work in a place where I work with the public day to day, and nothing stinks quite as bad to me as someone who smokes right before they come in and I can smell the residue coming out of their lungs.. YUK. I just have to remember that smell...b/c I smelled like that.

However... seeing how I am as big as a side of a house.. That's pretty gross too... but I don't impose my fatness on them unless I am on an airplane, like smoking does. I can't breathe fat.

So I guess. Smoking.

Jane
  • JossFit
    Options

Challenge accepted. I'm off to find a way to light up a Snickers.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Swing by my place and we'll fire up some Doritos.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options

wait, you can do that??
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    i smoked 3 packs a day for 40 years and quit 10 years ago. To me smoking is far worse because i never want to go back, you can work off a binge but there is no way to work off smoking. (regardless of what the smokers on this site might say)
  • JossFit
    Options

wait, you can do that??

Where there is a will...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Smoking, absolutely.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    In terms of overall lifestyle changes, I think smoking is probably worse. Though binge eating can be addicting, everyone slips once in a while and eats too many slices of pizza or too many chips and guac. That's life - it happens. Binging can be unhealthy, but it can be countered with exercise and knowing your triggers.

Smoking has more negative effects, IMO. Smelly clothes, yellow teeth, blackened lungs, harder to breathe, plus the negative stigma it carries.

Both are unhealthy, but I think overeating would be a better "choice." But seriously, what do I know. I've never had an issue with either one.