good healthy lunch ideas

Options
Does anyone have of any good healthy lunch ideas? I have been eating salad for about a month and a half. And at this point I'm of sick of it. But I'm unsure of any other ideas that are healthy but good to eat for lunch.

PLEASE HELP YOU GUYS!!!!:sad:

Replies

• tenapierce
    Options
    A nice cup of turkey chilli along with your salad always boosts your protein and makes you feel "filled" up.
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do you eat fish? Tuna, Cod, Halibut, Salmon, etc with a vegetable as a side?
  • _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know everybody tells you to stay away from bread, but I've done great and I have not cut out bread since I started eating clean. I buy Village Hearth Light. I eat a lot of healthy sandwiches. Tuna is my favorite.

Fish is really good too. Delicious as well, I don't use any sauces to dip with my fish I just load it with lemon squeeze.

SOUP!! Campbell's Healthy Request 100% Natural Harvest Tomato With Basil. Very low on calories and very healthy.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have brown rice, black beans, grilled chicken, shredded cheese and salsa for lunch everyday this week. I don't mind eating the same thing. I make the beans, chicken and rice on Sunday and then just make a bowl to take to work every morning. Kind of like what I would get from Chipotle, just smaller and cheaper. :)
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I hear you about the salads!!
    Egg whites cooked with spinach onions and sprinkle little bit of cheese... I spray the pan with Pam spray...
    I always brown bag it to work and this is 1 of my favorites!
    I eat it with a scoop of spicy salsa!
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    On Sat's I use my crockpot, then I have food for the week. I'm a vegetarian, but you can certainly put chicken or anything else in these recipies.

Black Beans and Rice
    1 can rinsed black beans, 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups water, 1 can hatch chopped green chilis, mexican seasoning of choice and 2 cups chopped tomato's (you can use that canned ones.) Mix it all together and cook on low about 3 hours depending on your crock pot.

Mock Chicken Curry
    1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 2 cups frozen peas/carrot blend, 2 gardein brand chic filets, curry seasoning to taste (I use the Pampered Chef). Cook on low 3 hours depending on your crockpot.

Italian Quinoa
    1 cup quionoa, 2 cups water, 2 cups chopped tomato, half small onion minced, 2 zuch chopped, 1 green pepper chopped, italian season to taste. Mix it all together and cook on low about 3 hours depending on your crockpot.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    WRAPS!!

My lunch wrap today was this:

1 wheat tortilla
    Fresh Express 50-50 spring mix greens
    cucumber slices
    red bell pepper slices
    2 oz oscar mayer carving board turkey
    wholly guacamoly (snack pack 100 cal)
    1 teaspoon Zesty Lime Vinaigrette dressing (just a splash for flavor when doing dressing on a wrap)

Whole thing was only 279 calories!!
    Ran a little high in sodium due to the turkey, the tortilla and the guac all in the same wrap, I try not to do that too often but well, I'll just drink extra water. LOL

I mix and match wrap fillings, almost always try to include veggies or greens (or both) to stuff it more so it's bigger and more filling. Starkist makes ready made tuna salad in pouches, 100 cal, they also now maked other flavors of tuna in pouches - 80-110 calories depending on the flavor - those are GREAT for on the go, or for keeping at work in your desk for a quick wrap!!
  • Chrisgriff32
    Chrisgriff32 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hummus on pita bread!
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Cook meals that make good leftovers that are easy to reheat.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls- http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html

Turkey Zucchini Quinoa Meatloaves (I make mine in a muffin pan for meatloaf muffins!) http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=295657040

Big batches of homemade soup

Stir fry

You can always freeze a few servings of what you prepare to plan for future meals too
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like to buy the Campbells Chunky Healthy Request soups (I eat the whole can not just half which is a portion) and I add about 3/4 cup cooked quinoa to it. If you make quinoa, you can refridgerate it and have it ready to add to all sorts of meals throughout the week. I love adding it to soups, chili and steamed veggies.
    Turkey or chicken sandwiches made on rye bread, lettuce, tomato, turkey bacon, yum.
    I buy those baked Lays chip bags (individual size) to eat with sandwiches. I like the Lean Cuizine paninis, they are amazing.
    I also like to get rotisserie already made chicken at the store for an easy dinner fix and use the extra meat for the next couple days in sanwiches, pitas, wraps.
    I also like the Lean Cuisine pizzas. Try not to eat frozen meals every day though due to the high sodium content.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Vege Burger from Trader joe's, pan fry it with some spray oil. Break it up over salad.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Google "bento box" lunches. There are a ton of ideas out there for kids, but modify it to suit your own needs. I love eating this way, I get variety and never get bored.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    wraps
    hard boiled eggs (keep the yolk!)
    fresh cut fruits and veggies
    yogurt
    baked potato with chili
    soup
    leftovers
  • artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers (lean) with a whole wheat thin bun, 1 tablespoon of light mayo and lots of butter lettuce and tomatoes :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Most days I have a Flatout flat bread, ~4 oz of lunch meat, canned chicken or tuna, mustard, some fresh vegetables (carrots, etc.) and/or some frozen vegetables (steamed). A lot of filling food for ~300 calories. As noted before, can be high in sodium, but I don't track that too closely.
  • lisakyriss
    Options
    Do you have Trader Joes store near you? If so, the Chicken Quesadilla is delicious - only 320 calories, low fat and full of flavor. Two come in a box for $4.00 then add some fruit and you have lunch! You definately won't get tired of these - they area really good. You just have to mix it up - Trader's has alot of good frozen mexican food that is low in sodium, calories and fat. Try it out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have sandwiches too. Even 200 calories of whole grain bread isn't a big deal when you work out and have to eat 1800 calories a day. I just add some lunch meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato etc.

You can make more at dinner and have leftovers for lunch too. I like to make tuna or chicken salad (with greek yogurt and mustard) and have that on toast or with some greens. Eggs. Taco salad (or just soft tacos). Soup. Sushi.
  • Mariannewww
    Options
    A couple of ideas which I love to have for lunch and don't get bored off:

1. My version of caprese salad - sliced cucumber, tomato, mozzarella, basil leaves with a pesto and balsamic dressing.

2. Chicken egg drop soup - chicken stock, ginger, white pepper, sweetcorn and egg whites

3. Crudités and tzatziki

4. Spinach, turkey wholemeal wrap

Fruit or a yoghurt on the side - bloody yumzels
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered this amazing salad:

Tempeh (half a Turtle Island pkg, diced)
    Grape tomatoes (about half a cup, sliced in half)
    Diced cucumber (about half a cucumber)
    Avocado (one quarter, diced)
    Drizzle of citrus vinaigrette

It's delicious, and even my Kansas-farm boy-meat-eating husband enjoyed this salad! The tempeh is a little expensive, as are most meat substitutes, but one pkg makes 2 very hearty and filling salads. At any rate, it's still going to be cheaper than buying lunch in a restaurant.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are eating good health dinners - LEFTOVERS!

Easy peasy.