Running Shoes Help

Options
ugmf12
ugmf12 Posts: 44 Member
Hey Everyone. So for the past year+ I've been using my Asics as my all purpose shoes for exercise and I can tell its time to switch them out. I've been looking at the Nike Frees not only for their aesthetic appeal and because I've heard such good things about them. However, I didn't realize there are so many different versions! Can some of you help me out with what version I would be best suited for me? Or even a a running shoe of a different brand is fine too. Price doesn't matter.

I need to be able to run in all terrains, low to medium mileage? (up to 6-7 miles a day), I do have a slightly wider foot and I typically pronate normally but sometimes underpronate (transition on the outer portion of my foot)...any comments, suggestions, advice welcome.

Thanks!

Replies

• RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Do you have a local running store in your area? The best thing you can do for your feet is to go to a running store where they specialize in running shoes and have them look at your walk and fit you for the best shoes possible.
  • etafeen
    etafeen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I started seriously running I went to a running store and got professionally fitted and it was the best thing I ever did. They set you up on a treadmill and watch how you run and what your stride looks like. From there they recommend several shoes, have you try on each pair and run in them to see which feels the best. I fell in love with my Brooks Ghost 4 and now 5 and will never wear another pair of running shoes. By doing this I got less blisters and they actually improved some nagging leg injuries/pain I was having.