When you don't feel like working out ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    I give myself a pep talk and then force myself to go out and walk...always feel better for doing it.:laugh:
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Ge up and go at least 85% of the time. Because most of the time I do not want to work out, but if I don't think, put some workout clothes get my sneakers on and get out I am glad I did and then I am even more happy when I am done. Hope you find what works for you.
    There is no feeling, there is a point when you do not listen to all of your feelings because you want more in life, and you begin to realize sometimes your feelings are not always right. I do understand when someone is depressed. Because then its even more difficult to get out of that hole.
    But you can do it. Keep finding things that motivate you if that is what works for you.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    i still do it and always feel great after, no excuses:)
  • iFreebaseBacon
    iFreebaseBacon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do it anyways.

:drinker:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    If I don't feel like working out, I tell myself to do at least 10 minutes and then if I still feel like stopping I can. I figure 10 minutes is better than nothing. And 9 out 10 times, when I do this, I finish the workout! :tongue:
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I put on workout clothes. That puts me in the mood.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not doing it because "I don't feel like it" is an excuse. You are only short-changing yourself in the long run. Strap on the sneakers and kick yourself in the *kitten*.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Starting is the hardest part. I'm fighting a very minor cold and while I'd like to lie down right now, I will be finishing work and hoping on the treadmill. Honestly, it will probably be the only time all day when I won't feel sick.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I go on the way home from work. Sometimes I don't feel like going, but my routine is to go straight to the gym and by the time I decide I'm gonna skip the workout, I'm already at the gym, so I go in.....sometimes even when I get there I talk for a few minutes too long, but then I get my act together and get the workout in.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Agreed - Do it anyway. Exercise always make you feel better once you have done it and after the first 10 minutes or so I am in the zone and am so glad I followed through.

It also makes it easier that I work out on my lunch break at work because my options are A) Go to the Gym B) Stay at my desk. So it has become an escape for me. The gym makes it much easier for me to workout too because at home even if I get started I could just quit and who would know - but (even though it is not true) I feel like everyone at the gym is holding me accountable and if they see me quit early they will know I am a quitter.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts every morning when I'm up by myself and get it out of the way so I'm done for the day. The earlier the better. If I waited til later in the day, I'd be more likely to skip it.
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I still do it most of the time, but there are times when I don't, and yes, I am super guilty of sitting on Pinterest, pinning away motivating sayings and amazing workouts.... I really didn't want to go this morning, but I got dressed, got my shoes on, and decided I couldn't take them off until I had run for at least 15 minutes.... 55 minutes and 627 calories later, I finally stopped, and felt great!
  • PlantBasedGrace
    PlantBasedGrace Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I force myself to just do it. I get dressed and blast some fun music.

I actually get the best workouts on the days I'm least motivated. I guess because I put the bar real low haha