30 day challenge: walk or run 6 miles daily starts April 1

Options
Hope you'll join cfbjj1124 and myself!

You can walk or run your 6 miles

You can do all 6 miles at once or spilt it up into anything that works for you!

I mix it up a bit.... sometimes I do six 1 mile walks as fast as I can over the course of the day and other times I do all 6 at once at a slower pace. Today I walked twice and earned an extra 726 calories.

If you haven't downloaded runtastic (free app) for your phone - it tracks you and logs into your MFP exercise for you recording calories and time! You can find it here on the apps tab

post here to join

Replies

• Mayanbound
    Options
    3 days out - who wants to join us for the 6 mile a day challenge?!?!?

If you have the Denise Austin PowerBelt you can burn up to 70% more calories and really give those arms a workout!
  • cfbjj1124
    cfbjj1124 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am with you!! :laugh:
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Ill do it. I am also starting the 30 day shred on April 1st so i will probably walk alot of it.
  • sxymilf
    sxymilf Posts: 17
    Options
    Im in :smile: it will be a good motivator. I finish 30 day shred on Monday so perfect timing to start
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    Welcome!!! Its GREAT to have you join us. We can use this thread to post to each other every day. I've done 3 miles so far today. yesterday I did 9!!!

Shread Diet - how much did you loose? I have the book and want to start either Mid May or June 1.

I'm doing 6 miles a day on Hills for the most part (walking) sometimes I head down to the water for a break if my knees feel like they kneed it.

My current goal - Vacation May 5th

How about you, what's your goal?
  • sxymilf
    sxymilf Posts: 17
    Options
    I did my last day of 30 DS and also got my 6 miles in. Just got the 300 abs to do and then I'm calling it a night. I will be weighing and measuring tomorrow for results of 30DS and am hoping to have lost inches.

I am also thinking about starting JM body revolution tomorrow to help shake my body up and shift some fat :smile:
  • cfbjj1124
    Options
    Yay!! Glad to see we got some more folks to do the challenge with us!!! Got my 6 miles in!! I did a combo of walking/elliptical! I'm going to change it up. I was doing the 30 day shred too, but had to stop due to severe bronchitis. I'm going to start it up again though. Maybe tomorrow! I did notice some great results with it. Jillian is no joke! :smile:
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I didn't have an opportunity to do the 6 miles yesterday because all my brothers and their girlfriends returned home after 7 months so it got a little hectic in my house. Hopefully I will be able to make it up during the month though.

I just jogged/walked 3 miles and I am walking to my friend's house later which is another 3.

Did you get good results with 30 day shred? I always get a little bit bored of it half way through.
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    Day 2 Ladies!!!

Don't worry at anytime if you have to miss a day you can make it up by adding the miles into a few of the other days. April has 30 days so we'll all have 180 miles under our belts at the end.

I know most likely I will miss April 26 & 27 as I'll be out of town so I plan to make those up before I go. If I can walk where I'm at I will, I think it'll be too darn hot.

I'll check back in with everyone a little latter
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    How much time does it take to walk 6 miles?
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    How much time does it take to walk 6 miles?

2 hours at a comfortable 3mph. Some people walk at 4mph which would be 90 minutes
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    just depends on if you walk, jog or run and if you're doing flat or hills

here it doesn't matter how you decide to - you can walk 2xs daily at 3 miles each or 6xs daily 1 mile each.

For me when I walk the hills it usually takes me 1 hr 15 min for 3 miles

where as when I walk flat areas I walk 6 miles in 1 hr 30 mins

Hope you'll join us!
  • cfbjj1124
    Options
    Totally missed yesterday! I didn't even make zumba which was my plan. I got wrapped up in writing a research paper! Yay! :tongue: But it's finished now. Going to go for a walk at the river with the hubby later! Need to make up some miles! Overall goal 180 miles by the end of the month!!!
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    Yes cfbjj1124 don't worry about missing and look at the overall goal of 180. I know April 26th I won't be walking, and there's a chance we might stay through the 28th. So I'll be putting in the extra miles before for my bank! lol
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    Hello April Challenge Group - Its April 15th and were half way through!

At 6 miles a day you should be at 90 miles.
    Okay to be over or under, overall goal is 180 miles for April.

I'm at 107.66
    I'm also going to miss 2-3 days at the end of April.

Please post and update the group.