For ladies

Options
Please has exercise or dieting affected your TOM in anyway,if it has in what way?

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I keep waiting for it to get lighter, but no. It hasn't.
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I felt like this time it was shorter than normal, and maybe a little lighter overall.
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options
    Not as yet ... I keep hoping !
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It helps me regulate. I've had screwy cycles for several years now and I'm currently on my 3rd cycle in a row that's the same length; that hasn't happened in at least 4 years. I know lots of ladies who are really sensitive to exercise though and it delays O for them (delayed O leads to delayed TOM).

ETA: It also lessens my cramps a lot. If I'm not exercising regularly then my cramps are pretty debilitating.
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine has been normal as long as I stay on the pill. I stopped taking it for a few months while my hubby was away for Army training and the first month it was 2 weeks late and then extremely heavy once it finally came.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    no change yet,but i've only been doing this for 3 months and would guess it takes it little longer than that to affect your cycle....
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have pretty normal cycles, so the only change that I have noticed is that my cramps are less severe. It may be contributed to eating healthier, quitting smoking, or exercising, idk, but I have definitely noticed they aren't as bad anymore (they used to be debilitating. I would have to call off work my first day every month. Now I can handle it with light medication)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My cycle has been determined to kill me since my teens, never letting up for excessive exercise and dieting. I finally got the better of it by taking the pill continuously (on the advice of my doctor, of course).
  • DianaDuhh
    DianaDuhh Posts: 29
    Options
    I noticed that my TOM is less painful. I am the type of girl that has horrid cramps, the whole layin' in bed cryin' with a heatin' pad.. I love that now I can take a pain reliever and the pain POOFS. :D as before it wouldn't..
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Back when I could go for my run every single day I noticed a much lighter, shorter period. Also, PMS was no where in sight.
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone,i ve got this elongated TOM this month(about eight days now,normally its 5days,the longest i ve ever had is 7days),most days are light but had three days with normal to heavy flow,was thinking of going to the doctors but also wanted to find out if weight loss/dieting and exercising could have contributed to it in anyway.all i see here goes to the positive side and mine seems t be negative i guess i have to see a doctor then.