Working out at home - shoes or no shoes?

2»

Replies

• glassoniongirl64
    glassoniongirl64 Posts: 2 Member
    I used to work out wearing trainers - it felt strange to exercise barefoot, apart from for yoga :) But then I got annoyed by how much my feet would slip around on the laminate. Switched to barefoot, no problem - now I'll never go back!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Shoes are outerwear as far as I'm concerned. I never wear them in my house.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    It depends on my mood. I usually wear shoes when I do my workout videos, but if I'm using the Wii Fit, I don't wear shoes. I also go to a zumba class, and one person there ends up taking her shoes and socks off and goes barefoot. Depends on what you want to do.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    I did Insanity, but I had to wear shoes because my carpet is soft and slippery and I couldn't do the drill exercises.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    i wear shoes when i do zumba or cardio dance, something where i'm jumping around a lot and running from side to side, mainly for ankle support. if you're not afraid of rolling your ankle by landing wrong on the butt-kicks or jump ropes in 30DS then i'd say go for it barefoot.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    I wear Vibram fivefinger shoes
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    I had this exact question, then I tried it without shoes and my balance was off and I felt like my feet were sliding. So now I stick with shoes, i think it just depends on which one you are more comfortable with.
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Shoes. I have foot and knee issues and need the stability.
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    I don't do the 30 day shred, but I have done other videos in the past, and I've never worn shoes. I find it more comfortable not to.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Barefoot most of the time. I tried shoes with 30 DS and found it actually hurt my knees more. If it is the treadmill I am wearing shoes. I have carpet in the areas that I workout. If I had harder floors I might wear shoes.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    I do the 30-Day Shred barefoot always.
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    My husband just went downstairs to lift - in his slippers! He usually wears Chuck T's.

Me: running shoes most of the time, but I am trying my five fingers for lifting days since I usually warm up on the elliptical (no running), and barefoot lifting (with a little bit of extra grip from the Vibrams) is a lot easier than trying to balance in my running shoes.