The Most You've Ever Gone Over By Is...?

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I cant even fathom how people have gone over by 3000+. I can kind of understand going over by a 1000 if you went out to eat and had some really crappy food for one meal or had way too much alcohol but I think i'd get sick eating more than that.

I have never gone over by more than 300 and that was when I was eating 1200 daily and I think it was on some holiday.

In that case, I'm confused as to why you're on this site. Clearly not to lose weight or drop body fat, since the idea of overeating is nigh impossible for you.
    Aw, be fair. There are other ways to gain weight besides binges. Think about it: an average of 300 extra calories a day would add over 30 pounds a year. That's 3 tablespoons of butter, or a couple slices of bread. It's 3 apples! Or you could eat exactly at maintenance 5 days a week, and on the weekend have two restaurant meals with a couple of drinks each that would put you the same 2100 calories over for the week. Gaining weight is easy-peasy, even without 8,000-calorie days. At least it was for me.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I cant even fathom how people have gone over by 3000+. I can kind of understand going over by a 1000 if you went out to eat and had some really crappy food for one meal or had way too much alcohol but I think i'd get sick eating more than that.

I have never gone over by more than 300 and that was when I was eating 1200 daily and I think it was on some holiday.
    Like this.

fjix3l.jpg

One of my "free days" last month.

:flowerforyou: :love:
    And for the record, the quick added calories were a cheeseburger with BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and onion straws, a big tin of fries with a delicious hummus sauce, and a large mocha kahlua vodka milkshake. :love:
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you haven't eaten 8000 calories in a day, you haven't lived.

i love this!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

In that case, I'm confused as to why you're on this site. Clearly not to lose weight or drop body fat, since the idea of overeating is nigh impossible for you.
    Aw, be fair. There are other ways to gain weight besides binges. Think about it: an average of 300 extra calories a day would add over 30 pounds a year. That's 3 tablespoons of butter, or a couple slices of bread. It's 3 apples! Or you could eat exactly at maintenance 5 days a week, and on the weekend have two restaurant meals with a couple of drinks each that would put you the same 2100 calories over for the week. Gaining weight is easy-peasy, even without 8,000-calorie days. At least it was for me.

Fair point.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't know, 1500 to 2k maybe? Mostly on the weekends and as much as I tell myself I'm NOT going to log the calories I still do because it keeps me honest and helps me to (try) and do better the next day.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Once after a day of eating nonstop, with no way to even estimate what it was, I entered 1,000,000 Quick Add Calories.

MFP told me "if every day is like today, in 5 weeks you will weigh 10,257 pounds."

This just made my day!! :laugh: Thank you!

hahaha,excellent!
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So far, the most is about 3500 cals. Easter is coming though and I might beat that.

(ETA: I'm not going to TRY to beat it, but odds are that it will happen.)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Once after a day of eating nonstop, with no way to even estimate what it was, I entered 1,000,000 Quick Add Calories.

MFP told me "if every day is like today, in 5 weeks you will weigh 10,257 pounds."

Challenge accepted, MFP!

:laugh: At both of these!
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last night I was probably over by about 2,500. I ate my exercise calories and then binged on chocolate and Doritos instead of working out. UGG but I am paying for it today(feel sick!) so it was a good lesson learned!!
  • beachesandbananabread
    Options
    idef 1000's...damn you dry roasted peanuts and tortilla chips with cheese dip chugged down with lots of black rum and ginger beer.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options

Like this.

fjix3l.jpg

One of my "free days" last month.

:flowerforyou: :love:
    And for the record, the quick added calories were a cheeseburger with BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and onion straws, a big tin of fries with a delicious hummus sauce, and a large mocha kahlua vodka milkshake. :love:

mocha kahlua vodka milkshake....tell more!:love:
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I eat and drink a lot when on vacation. Probably gone over about 4000 calories in Aruba, thanks to fruity drinks and a visit to a brazillian steakhouse. YUM!

On a normal calorie counting day, I've been known to go 1500-2500 over on sporting event days. LAst hockey game I ate 20 chicken wings, mozarella sticks, and drank 94 ounces of beer. Mmmmm...beer
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for replying to my post! I'm really encouraged by the fact that people are still reaching their goals despite not always being perfect :flowerforyou:
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Since this year I think a little over 500 a few times. I am going on vacation in less than 2 months and I will be gone for 2 weeks. I plan on not logging until I get back. I want to enjoy myself without the stress. Once I get back I will weigh in and go back to my current routine.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    At least a couple thousand. Easily. It's amazing how quickly you can burn through calories with booze. Before my gallbladder decided to revolt against me, I bet I could have hit the 8k club :)
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Loving this thread! Makes me happy to see that days happen where you go crazy and you don't die from it!

Mine was about a month ago. I totaled about 8000 for the day. Pecan bread, Jalapeno cream soup, about 10 white Russians with Baileys, pint of Blue Bell, about 10 bakery cookies. That kind of day. I did really good for breakfast and lunch though. :laugh:
  • SharpieV
    SharpieV Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Since I have been tracking, I've been much better, but even so I have days over by 1-2k. AND that is even despite not eating much early in the day because I KNEW I'd be going out to a BBQ or out to dinner and then drinks, etc. I can easily eat 4-5K over without half trying. Give me a movie night, pizza, buttered popcorn, chips and dip, wings, nutella and ritz. mmmmm.....
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Thousands. I am rarely within my allotted calories.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I've only gone over by a couple hundred max. Just curious, what sends y'all thousands over? Fast Food? (like is it small portions with large caloric values or large portions of something small?)

Wine early in the day is a killer for me. Cause then I'm drunk in the early afternoon and lose my self-discipline about eating and drinking. Oddly, I still log accurately. Most I've gone over is +4500. Still stayed under for the week though.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Ha, about 8,000. I ate a pan of fudge.