Flourless Brownie

Options
kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
So...the other day I watched THE BEST THING I EVER ATE and on it they had this flourless caramel chocolate brownie from the BAKED bakery in Brooklyn, NY. I'm Canadian so I wont be visiting NY until my marathon in, oh....100yrs, but I can't get this brownie off my mind! It looked sooooo good!

Does anyone have a brownie recipe that would be tasty delicious and a little guilt-free? I love to bake and I miss it!

Replies

• Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't have a flourless brownie, but if you google "flourless chocolate cake", I know Martha Stewart had one on her website. It calls for sugar, but you could use splenda instead (although I don't use artificial sugars, I use stevia). Check there.
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    I made this a few years ago for a gluten free friend... i forgot about it until you mentioned this! we are trying a gluten free diet for my 8 yr old right now (hoping to clear up some digestive and behavioral issues... made it thru 2 days so fat... oy...) ANYWAY - this is yummy!!

AMAZING BLACK BEAN BROWNIE RECIPE

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
    1 cup unsalted butter
    2 cups soft-cooked black beans, drained well (canned is fine)
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    ¼ cup (granulated) natural coffee substitute (or instant coffee, for gluten-sensitive)
    ¼ teaspoon sea salt
    4 large eggs
    1½ cups light agave nectar

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 11 by 18-inch (rimmed) baking pan (or jellyroll pan) with parchment paper and lightly oil with canola oil spray.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high. Stir with a spoon to melt the chocolate completely. Place the beans, the vanilla extract, and a couple of spoonfuls of the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Blend about 2 minutes, or until smooth. The batter should be thick and the beans smooth. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together the remaining melted chocolate mixture, coffee substitute, and salt. Mix well and set aside.

In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer beat the eggs until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the agave nectar and beat well. Set aside.

Add the bean/chocolate mixture to the coffee/chocolate mixture. Stir until blended well.

Add the egg mixture, reserving about 1/2 cup. Mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/2 cup egg mixture until light and fluffy. Drizzle over the brownie batter. Use a wooden toothpick to pull the egg mixture through the batter, creating a marbled effect. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the brownies are set. Let cool in the pan completely before cutting into squares. (They will be soft until refrigerated.)

Makes 45 (2-inch) brownies.
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    I found this great website for diebatics and they have great low cal brownies and other wonderful recipes and because it is dieabtic it is low in sugar too! I use stevia as a sub for sugar makes it even lower in cal's.
    www.dlife.com Enjoy!
  • gamecock
    gamecock Posts: 36
    Options
    some one had posted a recipe on here before making brownies using a diet coke (like lots are doing with cake mixes now) maybe you can google it.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    here's one. i like it cold due to tx heat!

7 oz 85% Lindt Chocolate, broken into pieces
    1 C (2 sticks) butter, broken up
    1 C Splenda
    1 T Vanilla
    4 Eggs, beaten
    2 C Almond Meal

Melt chocolate and butter over low heat in heavy-bottomed sauce pan
    Add Splenda and vanilla to pan (off heat), cool slightly
    Add almond meal and eggs, mix thoroughly
    Pour into buttered 8" square glass baking pan
    Bake @ 325 for 40 minutes
    Once thoroughly cooled, refrigerate
    Cut into 16 squares and serve.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try black bean brownies every since I saw them on the food blog 101 Cookbooks. OMG, they sound sooooo good. I haven't let myself do it yet because I would eat the whole pan. I need an occasion where I can bring them somewhere and have everyone ELSE eat most of them.
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    I made this a few years ago for a gluten free friend... i forgot about it until you mentioned this! we are trying a gluten free diet for my 8 yr old right now (hoping to clear up some digestive and behavioral issues... made it thru 2 days so fat... oy...) ANYWAY - this is yummy!!

AMAZING BLACK BEAN BROWNIE RECIPE

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
    1 cup unsalted butter
    2 cups soft-cooked black beans, drained well (canned is fine)
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    ¼ cup (granulated) natural coffee substitute (or instant coffee, for gluten-sensitive)
    ¼ teaspoon sea salt
    4 large eggs
    1½ cups light agave nectar

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 11 by 18-inch (rimmed) baking pan (or jellyroll pan) with parchment paper and lightly oil with canola oil spray.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high. Stir with a spoon to melt the chocolate completely. Place the beans, the vanilla extract, and a couple of spoonfuls of the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Blend about 2 minutes, or until smooth. The batter should be thick and the beans smooth. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together the remaining melted chocolate mixture, coffee substitute, and salt. Mix well and set aside.

In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer beat the eggs until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the agave nectar and beat well. Set aside.

Add the bean/chocolate mixture to the coffee/chocolate mixture. Stir until blended well.

Add the egg mixture, reserving about 1/2 cup. Mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/2 cup egg mixture until light and fluffy. Drizzle over the brownie batter. Use a wooden toothpick to pull the egg mixture through the batter, creating a marbled effect. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the brownies are set. Let cool in the pan completely before cutting into squares. (They will be soft until refrigerated.)

Makes 45 (2-inch) brownies.

i got the following nutritional information - using spark recipe's calculator:

45 Servings
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 99.7
    Total Fat 5.9 g
    Saturated Fat 3.5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g
    Cholesterol 29.9 mg
    Sodium 19.8 mg
    Potassium 55.2 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
    Dietary Fiber 1.1 g