The Most You've Ever Gone Over By Is...?

Replies

• lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    I cant even fathom how people have gone over by 3000+. I can kind of understand going over by a 1000 if you went out to eat and had some really crappy food for one meal or had way too much alcohol but I think i'd get sick eating more than that.

I have never gone over by more than 300 and that was when I was eating 1200 daily and I think it was on some holiday.
    Like this.

fjix3l.jpg

One of my "free days" last month.

:flowerforyou: :love:
    And for the record, the quick added calories were a cheeseburger with BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and onion straws, a big tin of fries with a delicious hummus sauce, and a large mocha kahlua vodka milkshake. :love:

mocha kahlua vodka milkshake....tell more!:love:
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    I eat and drink a lot when on vacation. Probably gone over about 4000 calories in Aruba, thanks to fruity drinks and a visit to a brazillian steakhouse. YUM!

On a normal calorie counting day, I've been known to go 1500-2500 over on sporting event days. LAst hockey game I ate 20 chicken wings, mozarella sticks, and drank 94 ounces of beer. Mmmmm...beer
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Thank you to everyone for replying to my post! I'm really encouraged by the fact that people are still reaching their goals despite not always being perfect :flowerforyou:
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Since this year I think a little over 500 a few times. I am going on vacation in less than 2 months and I will be gone for 2 weeks. I plan on not logging until I get back. I want to enjoy myself without the stress. Once I get back I will weigh in and go back to my current routine.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    At least a couple thousand. Easily. It's amazing how quickly you can burn through calories with booze. Before my gallbladder decided to revolt against me, I bet I could have hit the 8k club :)
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Loving this thread! Makes me happy to see that days happen where you go crazy and you don't die from it!

Mine was about a month ago. I totaled about 8000 for the day. Pecan bread, Jalapeno cream soup, about 10 white Russians with Baileys, pint of Blue Bell, about 10 bakery cookies. That kind of day. I did really good for breakfast and lunch though. :laugh:
  • SharpieV
    SharpieV Posts: 26 Member
    Since I have been tracking, I've been much better, but even so I have days over by 1-2k. AND that is even despite not eating much early in the day because I KNEW I'd be going out to a BBQ or out to dinner and then drinks, etc. I can easily eat 4-5K over without half trying. Give me a movie night, pizza, buttered popcorn, chips and dip, wings, nutella and ritz. mmmmm.....
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Thousands. I am rarely within my allotted calories.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Oh wow. I've only gone over by a couple hundred max. Just curious, what sends y'all thousands over? Fast Food? (like is it small portions with large caloric values or large portions of something small?)

Wine early in the day is a killer for me. Cause then I'm drunk in the early afternoon and lose my self-discipline about eating and drinking. Oddly, I still log accurately. Most I've gone over is +4500. Still stayed under for the week though.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Ha, about 8,000. I ate a pan of fudge.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Umm about 800-1000 I think.
  • t7mitch
    t7mitch Posts: 23 Member
    Man, after looking at how much some of these folks have went over by, I'm not gonna feel bad and embarrased with logging my days over! Because when I do really bad, I don't even bother counting... I'm just like I'm over... lol... But it does make me wonder how much I went over last week, when I had that small buttered popcorn from the movies, along with those box of Sour Patch kids.. I was like, man forget it... Im not even gonna log it... But after seeing some of these numbers, I feel GREAT! lol
  • EOHerrera
    EOHerrera Posts: 45
    Today - 1450 - Gave in to onion rings and 2 brownies to go with ribs and potato salad. :angry:
    Just getting really frustrated with the scale not moving, so I gave in to the emotional stress eating. :frown:
  • One night I ate about 1200 calories in peanut butter and Nutella...the shame.
  • RiotxRiot
    RiotxRiot Posts: 14
    Probably over 3,000. Alcohol and I have a lot of intense weekend affairs. But I also spend a lot of drunk time falling down and having to get back on my feet. So basically like doing a lot of pull ups. And getting sick counts as an ab work out, right?
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I've gone over by 550 calories before. Still stayed under maintenance for the day and under my calorie goal for the week.

I can pretty easily imagine days where I could have gone over by quite a bit before I started tracking. Now that I do track, I try to make it worth my time by only going over by what I can go under on other days.
  • BrittneyT2
    BrittneyT2 Posts: 30 Member
    3,000 +. Ate a huge burrito at Moe's with chips, half a large size bag of peanut m&m's, and 4 Reese's big cups. Yum :-)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Worst was a 10k day, during a really, really bad emotionally induced 6 weeks of binge eating and bulimia last year. Took me a while to climb out of that, and still got the extra weight on me, but since I was underweight anyway for my height, and am now normal weight, I suppose it could be worse.

Went over by about 5k yesterday, thanks to a box full of Easter goodies my mum sent, and the decision I had taken to have an exercise rest day, plus no sleep. Think cooked breakfast followed by triple layer chocolate cake, then some walking, then a banoffee muffin with a soya latte, healthy dinner of seafood and vegetables, then probably over a pound of chocolate, lol.

After a certain period of working out intensely, it is as if my body just says 'time for a refeed' and it happens whether planned or not. Now feel re-energised and back on track as normal. Shall see the damage on Monday.
  • Maybe 3,000 over tops. That was usually a pizza fiend moment.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    945 kcal. I was stress and came home eating like 10 or a dozen of cookies or so...*sighs*
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    eeekkk I feel bad for hitting 2k. I haven't eaten over 2000 calories in at least 5 months. I don't do cheat days.
    Granted before that I used to eat 5-10k calories a day, hence the whole being 200 pounds thing. Not looking to do that again.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    7000+
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Over 9000!

its-over-9000.gif
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    I ate 4K in one day. I think I ate butter and sugar with every meal somehow along with an extra side of carbs!!! (I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon of course) but I have to say, I was in awe of it. Totally a "DAAAMN!" moment. lol
  • la_patisserie
    la_patisserie Posts: 6 Member
    Above 3000 on top of my daily intake but I stopped logging after going over. Pretty easy for me to keep eating once I have a hint of sweet. Need to learn portion control!
    I could be full or feel sick but if there are sweets around, I want them. Always.
  • tryNaBFit4ife
    tryNaBFit4ife Posts: 3 Member
    hmm, probably 40-50k, thats no bull**** either. Team never full. 9 pecan pies alone is about 27k, add tubs of pb, jam, chocolate.

wow i only wish :love: most i went over was 1K after 1 SMALL papa johns pizza w/ some cookies im done for the day...lol :blushing: stomach gets full easily
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    about 1000, today, funny this post was active. But hit the exercise for a bit, only total was 660. BUt had a day of WTH not... Back at it tomorrow. Got too tired and too hungry. My fault.
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    I cant even fathom how people have gone over by 3000+. I can kind of understand going over by a 1000 if you went out to eat and had some really crappy food for one meal or had way too much alcohol but I think i'd get sick eating more than that.

I have never gone over by more than 300 and that was when I was eating 1200 daily and I think it was on some holiday.
    Like this.

fjix3l.jpg

One of my "free days" last month.
    Hey...at least the milk was organic. That has to count for something! :D
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    The most I've logged was 6,001 calories in a day but before MFP, I'm sure I've eaten 10,000-12,000 easily. Darn mini eggs, pizzas, chips, coke and cookies!
  • Around 2700 for me - went out to eat...it was delicious.