Anyone Over 200lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have now been on MFP for a little over 30 days. At first I did not see any results; however I am now nine pounds down, my fitness is up, my energy is up and my clothes are fitting looser. Just remember that it took most of us a while to put that weight on and it will take time to get it off. I do not refer to this as a "diet", but a lifestyle change for it will be for my lifetime. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to.

Current weight: 208
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am over 200 and have lost nearly 30lbs so far, please feel free to add me.
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i started 1/7/2013 at 245 and now i'm 220.
  • Elafacwen
    Elafacwen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started at 265.
    I had the exact same problem last year. I thought I was doing everything right, but saw very little to no results. I had people tell me it was because I was eating too many carbs, not drinking enough water, not getting enough sleep, ect. But the number one response I got was that I simply wasn't correctly measuring what I ate, and not writing every little thing down, but I was adamant that I was doing everything right.
    Turns out I wasn't doing everything right... Several months ago I bought a kitchen scale and measured the portion size of EVERYTHING I ate. Dig out your measuring cup and spoons too, you will need them. Since I started measuring and recording literally everything that enters my mouth, I have lost over 40lbs.
    It seems daunting, but trust me, it's likely the thing you are doing wrong.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Try weightlifting. You'll initially gain weight from muscle, but you'll lose your fat. And make sure to eat healthy and drink lots of water
  • mattashbrock
    Options
    New to the site, so hello everyone. Nearly hit 200 lbs for the first time in my life this year, which also brought a new low to my feelings about my health and body image. Hoping that I can stick with my lifestyle changes this time around. I don't have many friends or family members that are into eating healthy and exercising so hopefully I can look to you all to inspire and keep me motivated and on track. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Not for long!!! I started this at 253lbs, at about 213lbs right now. I lost 25lbs in the first month, second month i started lifting weights and doing cardio, didn't lose the second month and then the 3rd month people really started to notice.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started 9 weeks ago at 261- and I'm down 14.4- the interesting thing to me is that it averaged to be pretty close to the 1.5/week goal setting I entered on MFP. So after all the angst and reading about too much/not enough, does MFP project to low, should you I set it to TDEE-20% etc- turns out that netting on average the amount MFP throws out there was pretty accurate- that has put my mind at eas a bit. I started feeling better about a month in I think- it's only 14 lbs but I do generally feel better- and occasionally I find glimpses of "seeing it" and then I don't and it's been like that for me from the jump. The only person who's commented to me about "seeing it" is my grama- but she loves me and is a very encouraging person so I appreciate that but it's not quite the same as someone at work seeing it.- Not that that's the reason I'm doing it- it's for me, I'm trying to just build a pattern of making better choices. Somedays I'm pretty good with that and somedays not so much.
  • mechelemc
    mechelemc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am over 200lbs and has slowed added in workouts trying for 3 times a week. I've seen it in my clothes but not much any where else kinda frustrating:sad: . I am going to start taking monthly pics to see if that's motivating. Always looking for positive thoughts and motivation to help me on this long journey so anyone please feel free to add me as a friend.:flowerforyou:
  • TboneNast
    Options
    Don't worry so much about the # on the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat. If you're working out and eating well, you are building muscle. That in turn, will increase your metabolism. Measure your body dimensions, meditate on how much better you feel, and press on!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was about 230ish when I started - I took pictures and measurements along with weighing myself. I am 199 now (14 of what I lost was in the last two months). I found that pictures about every two months and measurements about monthly really help me to "see" how my body has truly changed - with my last set of pictures I didn't think there was any changes until after I put them side by side and then I could see a difference. I have also noticed that while my stomach has not gone down a whole lot - I am seeing more changes in my arms and legs almost like the fat is reducing inwards - course the tummy is the last to go......
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, and for sure take measurements!!!!! I really noticed after I lost 30-40lbs. My face looked much different after losing 25lbs.
  • mmk2988
    mmk2988 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am here weighing over 100 Kilos (220 Pounds), reduced but not measured for last 2 months.
  • bclahane
    bclahane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started at 206.... and currently at 177. I started officially January 2nd of this year. For the first month I was almost solely focused on diet with a workout here and there. Since February I have been working out and average of 4-5 days a week 60 minutes each time increasing in intensity as I go on. To be honest, even though there was a change in my clothes the first month, I really didnt feel a difference in myself at all despite losing. I felt like nothing was happening. Then in February I barely lost anything (pound wise). I honestly did not notice the difference until this past week (3 months in) when I looked at a picture of myself from the beginning and of one now and took my measurements. Sometimes, despite changes happening, unfortunately it is hard to see a difference in ourselves. My best advise would be to take pictures and measurements to show yourself - it has been by far my best motivator! Keep working hard and I know you will start to see it :D
  • Myradin
    Myradin Posts: 6
    Options
    are you drinking over 100 ounces of water a day. Your body needs that much to just get rid of the crap in your system.

Thank you for this comment. I seriously needed a reminder. I felt so stupid after reading it and thinking to myself, duh. NEEDS MORE WATER!

:) cheers
  • trrmalek
    trrmalek Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your upbeat support! I think it was just what I needed. I usually drink the required 8 glassed of water a day. For my exercise I am obsessed with wii exerbeat. The merengue really kicks my @ss. You have all been really wonderful. Thank you so much!
    :smooched: