MFP is great but what would you change if you could?

Options

Replies

• SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    Net carb option to track carbs without counting fiber.
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i would -on occassion like to copy breakfast to dinner or lunch to dinner. Currently only allows you to copy meals breakfast to breakfast, etc. Just a little more flexibility is helpful.

Oh yeah. I'd love to this, too.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a "like" button, and get updates when someone has comments or replied to something.

^^^^this!!
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be rid of the need to bump threads. It's annoying to scroll through pages and pages of bumps on popular threads. We should be able to add a thread to my topics without needing to post in the thread.

I'd like to be able to export my stats to an excel spreadsheet.

I'd like to sync.with runkeeper.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    instant messaging would be nice. Also would be nice if my strength training was calculated in my exercise.
  • Suffer4beauty
    Suffer4beauty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say: Added sugar versus natural sugar - especially since all the research I have read says that you should not count natural sugar towards your daily "allowed" grams of sugar - which I believe are about 48 grams for women according to many websites.

Also - I would like to have the food self-calculate better. For example, I would rather type in that I ate 52 grams of Foster Farms Savory Selection Lemon chicken and have it come up with the calories instead of having it say "1 serving is 3 ounces" so i have to do math - did I eat .35 servings? or .45? Or .67? You get the point I know that it is just going with what the nutrition info. is on the packaging, so I understand it... but according to some friends, there are math programs that could be developed to do the math of how many calories you ate based on the amount of calories in a serving size versus what you actually ate as a serving.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I found today that ingredient quantity for recipes can be edited on the MFP app for androids. Don't know if this applies to the iOS app.
  • Stumason2105
    Stumason2105 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Being able to have separate calorie goals based on workout/non-workout days. And changing your custom macros for those days is annoying, for example. Days i workout i try to stay below 50g fat and up my carbs, but on rest days, i decrease carbs and up the fat to about 80g. But i have to manually change those each day so that i dont have the RED at the bottom saying im over.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Small thing. I always complete my food diary the next day. I would like that I have completed it to show up in my news feed.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Also, I'd like to adjust my macro/micro right from the phone apps too.
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The forum would be a vBulletin forum.

Yes, and the ability to read it from your phone via the Tapatalk app.
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd like a "search" feature of the food diary. Sometimes I look very hard for the right entry for something I ate and then I eat it later that month or next and I have to go back and find it again. If I could search my diary, I'd find the right entry that I used before really easily.

This would be HUGE.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Adding these warnings when people go on rants when they are obviously prisoners of borrowed knowledge
    warning-6_zpsd0bee0b9.jpg
    FQR538LGKS0W0FWLARGE_zps152acf0d.jpg

QFT
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Being able to set macro goals in absolute rather than relative units. For example, I want to set a specific protein and fat goal that doesn't change with exercise calories. Then I could leave carbs blank, and MFP increases the carbs as the calorie goal increases.
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to show body fat % or total inches lost instead of weight lost as my main measure being tracked when I first log in. I haven't gotten on a scale or tracked my weight for a couple of months and it has been great to not feel like a slave to the scale. Instead, I measure and track my body fat % and specific body measurements once a month with my trainer.

Setting specific marco goals along with my calorie goal would be a helpful option too.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    picture statuses
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    A more logical approach to starvation mode. I get that MFP does not want to encourage eating disorders, I REALLY do, but... The way they handle it is just plain unscientific.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    more necromancing of deceased threads!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

it wasn't dead, it was hibernating
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

it wasn't dead, it was hibernating

no, no, no... it had gone and joined the choir invisible!