Why are people so mean?

Options
I cant believe it. I'm so freaking mad!!!! I have reached my goal. My self esteam is finally a little above low and then I post pictures on facebook of me and my children and this is the response i get from my brother in law......

"you are losin way too much weight fern. lookin a little rough. or as we say up north,..... LOOKIN LIKE A CRACK HEAD. Eat a damn sandwich lady. Some of us are meant to have some meat on us Lol. Im suprised your hubby aint force fed you yet."

ARE YOU 'EFEN KIDDING ME!!!!!!

I have to admit it hurt my feelings and I got a little teary eyed....This was so much hard work and for someone to tell me I look "rough" or like a "crack head"

I know I am suppose to not care cause he is an idiot but it doesnt take the sting away.....

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your sorry *kitten* BIL can fly a kite. *hugs* (I've been told I look anorexic, too. *eyeroll* The cellulite on my butt diagrees with this statement :laugh: )
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sorry that he was so insensitive to say something like that to you! What a jerk. I hope your husband sets him straight!
    I think you look good!
  • aubuysgirl
    aubuysgirl Posts: 23
    Options
    You look great! ignore his ignorant comment girl!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Don't let him own your victory! You look fabulous!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ug... yeah people suck... dont listen to them.

Easier said than done i know... i have some "people" in my life who i dont see often and prefer not to because they have called me a "fat b****" behind my back a few times in the past. I know i have lost over 40 lbs since seeing them, but those kind of people have something negative to say no matter what... so im sure they will still have a negative opinion of me even when they see me at my smallest weight.

Stupid people.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Some people just suck... and it sounds like your brother in law is the poster boy for that statement!! I checked out your pics, and OMG!!! You look A-MAZING!!! Tell him to stuff a sock in it!!! :bigsmile:
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get that alot! Usually from bigger people than me! You look stunning! You worked hard to get there and there is no way to please everyone, so just concentrate on making yourself happy! :)
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with your friends - you look like a super model! I'm sure your bro-in-law is jealous! Just try not to listen to what "the Little" people think. Sounds like he hardly matters.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just tell him I LOVE YOU TOO!!! :flowerforyou: and take him off your Christmas list!!! :drinker: lol Just alittle humor to cheer you up! NEVER EVER let anyone make you feel bad..:sad: . Hes probally jealous.. :angry: I think you look GREAT and you are a good incentive to all of us still with lots to lose!! :love: Keep up the great work keeping it off now and I for one am very Happy and Proud of you!!! :wink: Kathy
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't believe he said that. I just looked through your pics and you look AMAZING! 97 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment and he is an idiot. Let me guess, he has a few pounds he could lose? If so, he is jealous and is bitter toward other people who can get what they want through hard work and determination. If he is thin, then he is just an idiot.

Not that facebook fights are mature, but I think you should come back with something to make him look like the idiot he is. If he could stand to lose a few, tell him to put the cheeseburger down and get off the couch and maybe he could look as fabulous as you someday.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I agree with BIL being jealous. You look great and healthy! This is good practice in ignoring people who are very worthy of being ignored.
  • mandipandi2010
    Options
    Oooooo Weeeee. Now you already know where Im ready to go. :noway:

WHY?? I mean WHY break someone down who has invested their entire being on building themselves back up? Are you really that cruel? Do all your friends and family have to live up to your standards and what you or perhaps society sees as accurate or acceptable? Is the notion of allowing someone to have their own thoughts or feelings in regards to THEIR OWN self image just unheard of? Especially one who is still in transition, one who is still working towards the end result or final product. Cut a ***** some slack, DAMN. ( I mean ***** my love in the most dearest of ways, I swear to you :flowerforyou: )

Girl you already know yourself and I see eye to eye. You are an inspiration to say the least. Continue to do and be what is acceptable to you and yours. I appreciate you every single day....and that is not an exaggeration. Holla back HATERS.

I'm just sayin...:indifferent:
  • dcerro
    dcerro Posts: 3
    Options
    jeaous and threatened! to heck with him....www.poopsenders.com...it will make you feel so much better !!!!!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hold your head up high! You have everything to be proud of and you look wonderful...(I went and took a peek at your pictures from before and now)...You look beautiful!! ...Look at all the hard work you put into meeting your goal..I am so sorry that your Brother in law had to be so darn stupid to post something like that..If i was you I would send him a message and let him know what you have put into this journey and let him know that if he does not have anything nice or positive to say that you would prefer not to hear his comments! I sure would not set back and let him get by with making a comment like that..I know some will probley say to just ignore him..but he sounds like the type of person that you just need to put in there place..he will either respect what you say or he will get pissed..his choice..But to you keep up the great work and keep a smile on that beautiful face! Congrats to you also for achiving your goal!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That sucks... don't listen to what he's saying, you look *fantastic*!! I say you should copy that message to your hubby and see what happens (I'm assuming this BIL is your husband's brother...).

Congrats on your success and hard work, and don't let anybody tear you down!
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am so sorry dear, I would be hurt to. But you know what you look good! You have done such a GREAT job loosing weight! You look great! Don't let him run on your parade! He is just jealous cause he doesn't have the power to suceed at something so hard! It really just sounds like jealousy to me!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Sounds like jealousy to me...you look fantastic...the nerve!!!!
  • RominaSullivan
    Options
    He must hang out with some pretty good looking crackheads then. You look GREAT! don't let an idiot/loser like him get you down!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hide his posts on FB or de-friend his sorry butt! You could do what my former SIL did - post a blanket message on your FB wall saying that you're cleaning up your FB friends and unless they "show you some love", they will be history. Of course, you could add that you're taking your life into a new, positive direction and will only keep FB friends who are positive & supportive.

You are absolutely beautiful and the fact that you have lost so much weight is an inspiration to many of us here on MFP!
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    Just got the same comment today... I lost 16 pounds & now I am a Crack head to most people SMH!! F*** them girl you look great,Keep up the wonderful work!!!