Seriously, the scale sucks!

Options

Replies

• vathek61
    vathek61 Posts: 7
    Options
    1 lb a week loss is fine, and this is probably the most you should be aiming for anyway. More than that and you are probably screwing up your body.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow!! It is a huge difference!! Congratulations!! :drinker:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm envious you've been able to lose that much! My weight slows down drastically after losing 5 lbs. I have 50 to lose in total and am only 15 down and it looks like I won't have lost anything for the entire month...in fact, my measurements are the same and my weight is up 3 pounds from the first, despite busting my *kitten* and sticking to my healthy diet 80% of the time. I guess in April there will be no cheating or eating out or anything... ugh.

Keep up the great work...you look great!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    hey gurlie! one lb is good! you look awesome, b t dubs lol what i do to not plateau is eat under a few days three to four and then have two cheat days. normal workout routine. no potatoes, no bread, no white rice. keep carbs to 175 and less for the day and dont eat after 7, 8 at the latest. this is what i do, not a real certified routine. good luck.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Your muffin top is gone for sure. You're going to drive men crazy with that figure when you get to goal. What a waist and hips. Gorgeous.

Haha don't tell my husband that! :laugh: No, but seriously, thank you so so much! That is super kind of you!

And thank everyone else too! Seriously, all of this encouragement is making me feel so good! If anyone needs a new friend on here feel free to add me too!

What workout are you doing? I want results like this!!
  • janetg830
    janetg830 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The scale does suck, I am constantly fighting the scale myself. Last week I weighted 229 at the dr's office, and this week I weighted in at 232. But then weighted myself six hours later and I was down to 230. I don't get it. I see a DR for my weight, he has me on 3- 37.5 mg tabs of phentermine and 75mg of toperimate a day along with 12 electrolyte tablets a day, does that sound weird to you? I am so confused with this drug stuff.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    That's the same tank top?? It's a huge difference. You look great!
  • ISSAmastertrainer25
    Options
    Good job keep it up
  • ambernbarrier
    ambernbarrier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well the scale doesn't define you sweetheart. You are a knock out just the way you are I just had a 5 week plateau don't sweat it, it will end. Just remember water is the secret.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    you look so wonderful, and I do agree the scale can suck at time! :)
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. The first 30 pounds I lost weren't all that difficult. I've really had to work for these last 20. I know the next 20 will be even harder. I would say what has helped me is knowing that EVERY day counts. Now with that being said, on Sundays I don't log the food I eat. I wouldn't say I go crazy or binge on unhealthy things. I just relax my restraints a little. Maybe I'll have bacon with breakfast, a coffee from Starbucks, or a bowl of ice cream. I don't have all those things for sure! I reward myself and my body doesn't hate me as much during the week when I torture it with running/cardio. Just remember that you can have a few breaks. You get a vacation day at work, so have a vacation day from your diet once in a while. Don't get crazy though!!
  • npetercmway
    Options
    Great job and good advice. I see a big difference from all your diligence and hard work!
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great work! I know we all want that number to go down on the scale, but your pictures don't lie!!
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Your body sure is changing. And I agree, the scale sucks. My scale claims I gained 6 lbs overnight. how? i have no idea. You look great!!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! I feel the same way, keep thinking my scale must be broken :wink: I'm trying to focus on how much stronger I feel and how much more energy I have. You look great, keep up the good work!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    WOW! You did that in one month? Flipping fantastic! :drinker:
  • lippygidg
    lippygidg Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Very Funny .. Those were my exact words to myself. I work out hard and eat WAY healthier then I ever have. and the weight fell off at first .. this month has been really rough as far as the scale goes. Even going up and down . however I did do the measurements and take a beginning photo. I measure once a month and so thankful i did because it truly helps! I still see "The Fat girl" in the mirror but my clothes do feel different. I was extremely surprised last month to "SEE" the inches I have lost and the difference in the photo Knowing I only lost maybe 3-4 lbs the entire month. But I lost 8 inches! ( total body) I have recently changed things up a bit, trying to add more cardio. I havent lost alot this month either so Im really hoping for another "photo shocker" ;) This is me as of a couple weeks ago.

19483469_4430.jpgGood Luck and Dont give up!! Pain is temporary ... quitting is forever! Success FEELS Priceless!
  • lippygidg
    lippygidg Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I always have trouble posting pics! what am I doing wrong ??? Sorry!
  • seaweedeater1
    seaweedeater1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hurray! You look wonderful. And you are so right -- biochemical changes are real. You are substituting muscle for fat. And willy nilly, your body chemistry is adjusting. While muscle uses more resting energy, overall you are a smaller person and your resting energy is going to go down. Keep working, keep mindful, be positive when you look in the mirror!
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I agree a "before" picture is a must! WTG! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!