Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and 20% Below TDEE

Options
2»

Replies

• koalaella
    koalaella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. When I was first diagnosed I had gained almost 100 lbs. It took several months on the medication to get my energy back as well as a clearer head.
    I found I cannot loose any weight unless I stick to a 1200 calorie diet and one hour of exercise per day.
  • wilson1134
    wilson1134 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's yesterday night.. Basically I have lost some weight long time ago and I was maintaining it when suddenly BOOOM I've gained over 25 lbs in one month, while eating right and excercising. I am depressed but I always blamed it on my weight gain. I am chronically tired and cold, I don't feel like doing nothing and now I know it's all because of this sickness.. I'm losing hair and I was always known for having perfect skin and now I just look like total trash. I exercise and eat right and my weight doesn't move. My dietician said it'd because of my diet and exercise that I've gained only that weight; that with my levels people gain even 50lbs...
    I'm starting to take meds now, will it be possible to help my weight loss? Can I ever go back to what I've been before?
    I feel like e body I am in now is not me. I am small and strong and happy and this body I'm living in now is gross and its just not me..

I too was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 2 years ago. I had the exact same thoughts...this is NOT me. I cried constantly because I had no control. I have since had a TT and switched to Armour (my life saver!). Once you get those meds right your mind will follow...and then your body. Make sure your Dr. is running a reverse T3 test on you. I was not converting my t4 to t3 and it was the reason my depression was so strong. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. It's a journey and it's easier with someone who's been on that journey too!!
  • lmierz
    lmierz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have Hashimotos. A strong correlation that has been discovered with people who have Hasimotos is that they are gluten intolerant. So try and take gluten out of your diet for a few weeks and see if you are feeling a bit better.