Why are people so mean?

Options

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Is he overweight or is his wife, if he has one?

You look great. He's an idiot who was probably trying to be funny.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I cant believe it. I'm so freaking mad!!!! I have reached my goal. My self esteam is finally a little above low and then I post pictures on facebook of me and my children and this is the response i get from my brother in law......

"you are losin way too much weight fern. lookin a little rough. or as we say up north,..... LOOKIN LIKE A CRACK HEAD. Eat a damn sandwich lady. Some of us are meant to have some meat on us Lol. Im suprised your hubby aint force fed you yet."

ARE YOU 'EFEN KIDDING ME!!!!!!

I have to admit it hurt my feelings and I got a little teary eyed....This was so much hard work and for someone to tell me I look "rough" or like a "crack head"

I know I am suppose to not care cause he is an idiot but it doesnt take the sting away.....

You are a hottie and he is just mad cause he can't have you. Screw the loser. Better yet, pray for him that he gets some self confidence and grows up. You are beautiful and amazing darling.
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    First of all congrats! And I love the pics of your kidos and you in your pants! I hope that's me soon. That was really cute.

Your BIL sucks. Too bad you can't pick your own in laws huh?
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and worked hard to get there -don't let anyone take that from you! Ignore his lame comments. He needs to grow up.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...You guys are so awesome and really do know how to bring a gal up. I'm better now sometimes you just gotta vent it out....

I posted back

"I have to say pudge that wasnt very nice...."

He is over weight and 'Pudge" has been his nick name forever so I wasnt trying to be mean, just driving home the point. I usually dont call him pudge even if my husband and his wife does. My hubby did try to call him but he didnt answer..

Thanks again to everyone yall all have a very special place in my heart :love:
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely hot, and your hubby is one lucky guy! I can see why you married the one with taste and not the BIL!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Honestly I am in shock reading this he must either be very jealous or :noway: need glasses not to see how FABULOUS!!!! you look :love:

I've seen your pics here and seriously you are an inspiration to a lot of us :flowerforyou:

Be strong and know yourself what you have achieved A LOT!!! and be proud of it as I am sure your friends and the rest of your family have probably told you :heart:

Let him live in his own glass bubble :laugh:

Be strong and know that we are all here for you :heart:
  • Shayleah05
    Shayleah05 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Omg!! your brother in law is an idiot!! You look Great!! I have 87lbs to lose and have been overweight my whole life and seeing your before and after pictures and know you did that, gives me hope that i can do that to. So thank you for sharing you story here:)
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    OMG! ignore it, I looked at yr pics and u have done an incredible job!!!! You look fantastic , happy & Healthy !!!
    Congrats to you and yr Bil can blow smoke somewhere else LOL LOL
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I think he just sounds like an outright idiot. *shrug* If he does NOT have an IQ below 100, then he's just outright hateful. Either way, don't you let his words bother you for a moment longer, because no one can know what this struggle has been like for you, and the fact is, most people will never do what you have done... and that's something no one, especially hateful idiots, can ever take away from you.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and have come a long way! Listen... don't pay the least bit of attention to the negative or hurtful comments others send your way! There are a lot of mean people in this world and very few who genuinely care about others. Some people just don't like to see others around them become successful at anything.

You look great! I'm sure you feel great too! Hold your head up and KNOW you're doing the absolute best to take care of yourself. You are going to live longer and be happier b/c of your hard work. Be proud and don't let your BIL get you down!
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    no, you totally look great. don't let him bring you down. keep your head up :)
  • ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Men are such jerks. Don't listen to your brother in law. You look so amazing!
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    What a Jerk. I can't believe somone would say that. Oh wait yes I can. Don't let him rain on your parade. He's probably just not used to see the new and improved you! 97 pounds is such a huge accomplishment. You go girl! I can't wait to get there.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    He's an asshat. Make sure to update us after your hubby has a conversation with him. :noway:

/hugs :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm thinking that Mr. "Pudge" didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Looks like he was trying too hard to be funny. Either way, I'm sorry. :( .
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think Pudge is a bit jealous of your success and probably is afraid of taking steps to better himself. You look absolutely STUNNING!!!! You are an inspiration to us all!! Congratulations on doing something that many here in this country struggle with every day. You have a great deal to be proud of.
  • RomyNine
    RomyNine Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations on getting to your goal, I hope you feel as great as you look.

Learn to ignore people like that because it's their attitude that needs a sandwich just to make themselvesfeel better. If you weigh too much they will pick on you and if you lose the weight then you will be be made fun of. People like that are never happy.

Be confident in yourself, you are obviously a sensitive woman andyou are beautiful inside and out.

Keep smiling! :happy:
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    Hon, you answered my question. I knew he had to be overweight. It's called envy and it's a nasty thing. Sorry he picked on you like that. I hope your husband does get to speak to him because that is just not cool.
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So many times, we can hear 20 compliments, but the one negative remark is the one that stays with us. Please make sure not to let that happen. We ALL need to remember that. Plus we aren't doing it for THEM!! You were much nicer than I would have been!