Abs Diet for Women Success Stories

Options
Has anyone tried the Abs Diet for Women? I recently read the book and am starting it on Monday. I am incorporating Cross Fit at home type workouts 3 days a week, 1 day of HIT, and 2 days of brisk walking. I don't really look at it as a "diet" per se. All of the recommendations can be incorporated in everyday life, which I like a lot. Let me know if anyone has tried it and been successful! Thanks!

Replies

• trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Read it and my fiancé too. He had huge success on it. I just started last week with the strength training part twice a week. I follow the diet part loosely (I don't always eat at the right times yet). So far 2 lbs down. Good luck! It's about a healthy way of living, not. Diet. :)
  • aulisse
    aulisse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for commenting!!! I'm starting today. I really don't consider it a diet, I can't stand a diet! LOL I can never stick to it. But I am going to follow it as much as I can. The most difficult part would be the no alcohol, especially during the holidays! We have about the same amount of weight to lose, so keep me updated on your results. Good luck to you!! :)
  • OllysWife
    OllysWife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey! I JUST saw this post and I hope you are having success with the "nutrition and fitness plan".
    I started "loosely" using it 10 weeks postpartum (Late November) and lost about 6 pounds in two weeks. It was AWESOME!
    Then Christmas...
    And New Years...
    and now I am back at it. It is easy to fall right back into. VERY hard to not enjoy eating ALL the time!
    4 days in and I have already started to feel like a semi-healthy human again.

Please let me know how it is working for you!
  • boyz4us
    boyz4us Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just found this forum. Today is Day #1 for me on the ABS diet for Women! Anxious to read all the stories here. Good luck everyone!
  • sandyh1987
    sandyh1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! I use the Abs Diet for the eating plan for the whole family! First one my husband likes! And I bought the cook book and it has great easy recipes, and the kids will eat the food! I used it to get to my target weight, with abs diet workout dvd's in only 6 weeks! My rebounder mini trampoline was/is my main cardio on cardio days.:smile:
  • littlemamajohn
    littlemamajohn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started the Abs diet about a week ago and can't believe the difference in my mid-section. Am exercising each day (not the workout in the book yet) and am so pleased with the amount of energy and how full I am throughout the day. Every time I go to the market I try to find a new food or a new combo of foods to help me enjoy what I'm eating! Good luck :) Would love to hear updates as you go along!!!:smile:
  • teaspoon85
    Options
    Hi, I am starting the abs for women diet today. I tried the abs diet about 10 years ago and it was amazing, I get angry with myself that I stopped eating so healthy. I felt wonderful. My concern is when I put in my menu for today: 1559 calories and 99g of protien, the food calculator here says in 5 weeks I will loose 1.5 pounds!?!? huh?? Are you using the food calculator here?
  • jprayze
    jprayze Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi, any new success stories? I am planning to start on Monday.
  • mamasita99
    mamasita99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I follow the Abs Diet fundamentals I feel better, I look better. For me, I need to be eating healthy and exercising, if I'm not doing both then I fall off the wagon. Abs Diet is an easy way to eat healthy, that the whole family enjoys. They don't even realize it, it is just how we eat. I start to gain weight when I over indulge in the desserts and alchohol. Abs Diet keeps me satisfied and energized, so that I am less inclined to eat/drink like garbage.

I would like some suggestions on how others "track" how many Power foods they are eating, that sort of thing. Good luck, it is a delicious and healthy way to eat!
  • reerazzle
    reerazzle Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Any one want to share the fundamentals of the Ab diet??

Thanks!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    And here is me thinking that eating at a deficit and lifting heavy will suffice for showing off my abs soon, silly me!

; )
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Any one?
  • penelopia
    penelopia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    And here is me thinking that eating at a deficit and lifting heavy will suffice for showing off my abs soon, silly me!

; )

That's hard work, not for me. I need the easy fix.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

; )

Some people need the structure of a "diet" to get started on the "eating at a deficit" thing... I did, until I learned how to eat right for me. Now, I eat at a deficit, lift heavy and play a bunch of sports. There are different paths you know..
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

; )

Some people need the structure of a "diet" to get started on the "eating at a deficit" thing... I did, until I learned how to eat right for me. Now, I eat at a deficit, lift heavy and play a bunch of sports. There are different paths you know..

LOVE this response because losing weight is not as simple as creating a deficit and exercising... The path to deficit and workoit is tougher for some than others.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

; )

LOVE this response because losing weight is not as simple as creating a deficit and exercising... The path to deficit and workoit is tougher for some than others.

You won't mind if I eyeroll then and yawn very loudly...

*sigh*
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    Front and center on the plan are the 12 power foods featured in the menu plans. These foods are highlighted because they are nutrient-rich, contain protein, calcium, and healthy fats. Portion sizes are prescribed to keep calories in check, even for power foods.

Within the 12 power foods, there are lots of options to add variety and satisfy a wide range of palates.

The New Abs Diet 12 Power Foods – (acronym spells abs diet power)

1. Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.

2. Beans and Other Legumes

3. Spinach and Other Green Vegetables

4. Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese

5. Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored

6. Eggs

7. Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish

8. Peanut Butter – All-natural, sugar-free.

9. Olive Oil

10. Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals

11. Extra- Protein powder(Whey)

12. Raspberries and Other Berries

Eat six mini meals a day with an emphasis on protein, prescribed at every meal to keep you feeling satisfied and to repair muscles. Meals are centered on power foods showcased in three weeks of diet plans and recipes. Calories range from 1400-1600 daily.

Drink plenty of water, limit alcohol to 2-3 drinks per week, and once weekly you can splurge on a cheat meal and eat anything you like.
  • mamasita99
    mamasita99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Obviously, when I follow the Abs Diet and exercise I must be creating a calorie deficit and building muscle if I see results. That's science.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!