BeachBody....whats up?

Options
dakotababy
dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
So I have recently ordered a fitness program from...Beach Body *dun dun dunnn*.

Now, I have been reading A LOT of terrible reviews about this distributer and how they rip people off, send faulty product, terrible customer service and even DOUBLE BILLING/making unauthorized withdrawals from credit card accounts...

A good amount of these reviews were from years ago....Has the reputation changed in recent years? Is there still issues? How was your experience?

Replies

• dakotababy
    Options
    Anyone?
  • dakotababy
    Options
    are we not suppose to talk about beachbody?
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I ordered a BB product, Ten Minute Trainer, like a year ago. No problems whatsoever. Everything else, I've picked up secondhand. Apparently, some people, are just cool with doing a BB program like once or twice and they are bored, and sold it to me at a yard sale for like a few bucks.

Wow.
  • meganac69
    meganac69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a BB junkie. I have several Beachbody products including Power 90, P90 Masters Series, Power Half Hour, P90X, P90X2, 10 Minute Ttrainer, Chalean Extreme and Insanity. I ordered at least half through Beachbody direct, and then others through eBay and other outlets. On my first order (Power 90) I seem to recall some supplements that came as part of the order and then automatically renewed, I cancelled and never had problems after that. Beyond that, my only complaint was that I could not purchase a replacement for a Chalean Extreme disc that was eaten by my DVD player because I had purchased that on eBay rather than through Beachbody.
  • JDMRoma
    JDMRoma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ive had nothing but good experiences with Beachbody, Would buy from them again and again.
    Like most large companies they can make mistakes, just call Customer service and they will take care of it.

One good thing is they will replace any defective dvds for free if you originally purchased the workout through them.
  • ineedacarrot
    ineedacarrot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have many beach body products and love them all especially turbo fire! Like with many companies you have to be careful of the extra stuff. I learned that lesson well when years ago I signed up for a three month trial for diet and exercise tips that they offer and once the three months are up they would start billing your account until you cancel. Years later I find out they they have been taking money from my account and I thought that I had cancelled the use of the web site so I called them. They did credit my account for some of the money lost. I feel the products are made of excellent quality and I have had my DVD's for years.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I have several BB programs, a couple of them I didn't get directly through BB but I've never had a problem with anything. They've always shipped surprisingly fast actually.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have had good experiences with the customer service. I also own several programs, currently doing Body Beast. Any time I received a scratched disc, or one of my TF gloves broke at the seams, I emailed or called and they sent me a replacement at no charge. And I even offer to send the discs back that are scratched and they tell me not to worry about it. I have learned that some people will review online only if they have had a bad experience. Not true in all cases I understand, but it seems like most.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I ordered Turbo Jam. I still use it to this day. I had no issues.
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    As long as you actually bought it from BB and not like Amazon you shouldnt have a problem.

I've ordered a bunch of DVDs from them and even have Shakeology on auto ship and have never had a problem. and theyre customer service, atleast the email way, is pretty awesome ive always gotten a response in less than 24 hrs
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Brazil Butt Lift DVDs and never had any problem at all!
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    My husband and I have 5 of their programs, all bought directly from BB and we used to have Shakeology on autoship. Didn't have any issues cancelling the shakeology when we weren't using it as much as we'd hoped and have never had an issue with discs or anything like that. Really happy with them. I've never signed up for any of their extras though like Team Beachbody or anything like that so can't say.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have almost every BB program available. I only purchased 3 directly from Beachbody, one of which I had to return. The customer service experience I had to put up with when I was trying to ask for a return was some of the worst I've ever dealt with.
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love beach body fitness programs but the customer service and the double charging I could do without. I keep coming back however because the programs like insanity, brazil butt lift and P90X are so worth it.
  • Kells97
    Kells97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ordered from BB a couple of weeks ago for the first time and had no problems.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I really love the beachbody workouts and shakeology. I have not had any issues at all with either the products or service.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I've lost all of my weight with BB products, no complaints!
    Currently doing P90X, no issues other than being sore :)
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I ordered ChaLean extreme and Shakeology last Friday and received yesterday! All went well and excited to begin! No complaints .
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I ordered Turbo Fire and I have had no problems. I ordered it from the Beach Body website. I didn't have any problems with double billing or anything. All I know is I am not in shape enoughto do the entire workout! but I keep trying!:happy:
  • Wanderson1311
    Wanderson1311 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about BeachBody but I know Body by VI.... It is wonderful. I love the products and they have no negative reviews that I have found. They are so much cheaper than Beachbody...The only reason I say that is because I did the research between the two and found that out. I love body by vi mainly because my children can drink it as well and get the protien and vitamins their body needs and the fun part of it is that we can make any flavors we want. So the kids have fun mixing up their own flavors and making it taste they way the want it.