Results are showing!

laurenpence
laurenpence Posts: 147
edited September 21 in Success Stories
So when I first joined the gym I was 156lbs and 27.5% body fat which is ok but not what I wanted. At this time my 2nd child was 6 months old so I was able to put her into gym daycare while I worked out. Two weeks ago I got re measured and weighed. At that time it had only been 4 months since I joined the gym. I had lost 7.5% body fat and 2 inches off of my waist, 4 off of my hips and 2 off of my thighs! I may of only dropped 8lbs at that time but I had lost so much body fat that I was so proud. It has been motivation for me to keep going. So in the past two weeks I lost 2 more pounds! I only have 11 lbs to go until I am at my complete sexy goal! I am already getting questioned if I have ever had two kids because of the way my abs look which makes me feel awesome! For all of you........what are your motivations to keep going? Has any one lost a significant amount of weight or inches that they are proud of? I honestly don't think I could of make this kind of progress without tracking my food and exercise without MFP!

Replies

• CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Congrats! That is amazing!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Wow! I've only lost 3.6% body fat since first being measured in February and am trying to burn more fat... what have you been doing to lose that much??
  • erinliz
    erinliz Posts: 43 Member
    Great job!
  • laurenpence
    Arielle- I stick between a 1300-1600 calorie diet every day and allow myself to cheat on one meal a week....for me thats a burrito from Chipotle....I love them! Any ways I do 20 minutes of cardio to warm up and burn about 200 calories then I do weight lifting for about 20-30 minutes. I do them in a circuit training mode which helps keep my heart rate up so I am still burning calories and building lean muscle mass. Then I finish off with a run any where between 3-7 miles. If you want to lose weight it is better to do your cardio at the end of your work out just so you know. So my advice is to do weight training then cardio. This way your burning calories and building lean muscle mass! Good luck and let me know if that works for you!

PS I am currently getting ready to start my personal trainer courses.
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Wow, you've achieved that and are ABOUT to start your personal trainer courses! My training really took off with a PT.

I was 91.5kg a bit over a year ago, plateaued at around 83-85 (it was fluctuating a lot more then), started with a personal trainer about.. mmm, 2 months ago, and yesterday was at exactly 80.0, and it is now never over about 81.5. Probably about 3-5 kg less than my avatar pic which was December. Haven't had my fat % done for a while but it must be improving, I can't see how not.

The strength training I do now is super intense (God my trainer is a sadist, but I'm glad), and I look much leaner in street clothes, yet more pumped when working out at the gym. My strength is increasing all the time. (At my age, 53, I sure don't want to bulk, so that leaner look is fine).

Your general goals and weight loss sound a kind of similar theme to my own, so your decision to go with a personal trainer may well really accelerate the great stuff you've already achieved! Congrats.
  • alittlebird
    alittlebird Posts: 18 Member
    You're an inspiration.
  • laurenpence
    No I am not going to start working out with a personal trainer I am going to become one. Fitness has become such a passion for me and I have already helped friends start with a healthier life style and others with achieving their weight loss goals so I figured I should just get certified!
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    No I am not going to start working out with a personal trainer I am going to become one.

Whoops, my bad in my previous post. Good on you, and I suspect you'll be damned good at it! Keep us posted how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!