• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Chicken Pineapple Verde:

2 chicken breasts
    top with 1 cup pineapple
    top with 1/2 cup green salsa

Cook on low 4-6 hours

Serve over rice or quinoa, or with tacos.

Delicious!!!

*This is NOT my recipe. This is from thegraciouspantry.com
    she has a lot of real healthy low cal recipes, and this one is easy peasy and super good.
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellijauch
    Options
    You all are making me sooooo hungry! Yum! I don't own a crockpot - any suggestions (brand)?

They are all pretty good. Mine was only $25 for the 6 quart size.
  • kellijauch
    Options
    I heard that "bump" just means they want to keep this topic at the top of the list, so even if they don't have anything to say, writing "bump" will bump it back to the top because of a new comment posted. idk though?
  • throttle2009
    Options
    @kelli wow that sounds awesome! going to try this!

thanks
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • afugua0002
    Options
    bump
  • Mmmmmegan
    Mmmmmegan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Southwest Chicken

2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can rotel
    1 can black beans
    1 can corn
    1 packet lower sodium taco seasoning

Cook in crock pot for 6 hours on low. Serve with tortillas.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bump - yummo! can't wait to try some new ones!
  • dacadoo
    dacadoo Posts: 32
    Options
    Ok I am a newbie and this will for sure show it!! But what the heck is the "bump" on posts all about??

Thanks,
    Ann
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I love the crockpot lady's cassoulet (365 challenge- the link is on p1), I use vennison or toulose sausages, some strakey bacon - but I grill it all first ton get the fat off, then slice and add to the crockpot. I use any dried beans to hand (soaked overnight) and really bump up the quantities so it easily serves 8 but using only the meat for 4 - than freeze in portions for another day. Using less meat reduces the calories, as does grilling first.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Ok I am a newbie and this will for sure show it!! But what the heck is the "bump" on posts all about??

Thanks,
    Ann

bump puts it on My Topics so you can come back later and read the post and the recipies
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Here are a few easy ones I love and make often -

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-recipe-for-vegan-black.html (made this today, actually)
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-curried-millet/#more-9092

I also do chicken breast + peppers/onions/jalapenos/spices/salsa in the SC all day, shred the chicken when I get home and then toss in frozen corn and spinach for the last 30 minutes or so...

Oatmeal is great in the slow cooker overnight if you have one small enough and use steelcut oats. The options are literally endless.
    You can also make loads of applesauce, apple butter, and all kinds of other delicious spreads. And it's great for cooking whole squash, too.

Do some searching online and you'll find tons of stuff. Wish I could remember more, but I'm blanking right now!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Eeep! Forgot about this amazing blog: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.ca/

It's great for easy, inexpensive and wonderful recipes!
  • suprenaflamand
    suprenaflamand Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Slow-Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
    1lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts (or really, whatever you want to use)
    2 tablespoons of butter (some versions of this recipe call for only 1)
    2 cans (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
    1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
    1 medium white onion, diced (some versions call for onion flakes instead)
    4 large flaky refrigerator biscuits (half a can)

Place thawed chicken in crockpot. Top with butter, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and onion.

Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.

After the chicken has cooked thoroughly, cut the biscuits into small pieces (9 pieces each). Add biscuits and continue to cook 30 mins to an hour longer, or until the biscuits are done.

Remove chicken and shred. After shredded, place chicken back into crockpot and mix. Serve hot.

Serves 6-8.

I used one can of cream of chicken and mushroom soup and one can of cream of mushroom soup, i also omitted the onion and used frozen trio country vegetables (Great value) the nutritional values are based on these changes.
    cal. 197 carbs 22 fat 7 protien 12 sodium 740 sugar 5

this recipe is from househoncho's blog http://www.househoncho.com/2013/01/slow-cooker-chicken-and-dumplings/
  • clj1099
    clj1099 Posts: 2
    Options
    1 1/2-2 lbs. chicken breasts
    1 16 oz. jar salsa
    1 pkg. taco seasoning (I make my own and use 1 1/2 Tablespoons)

Cook on low about 6 hours, shred with fork. CHICKEN TACOS!!

I was going to post this same EASY recipe. I found it on Pinterest a few weeks ago. Someone suggested adding cream cheese (1/3 less fat) - I did - and everyone loved it. I serving of the above recipe + the cream cheese is 158 calories (according to my calculations). A flour toritlla was something like 190 calories so I ate mine as a lettuce wrap!!

This chicken can be used in SO MANY ways (tortilla soup, etc .... ).

Found the link to the tacos: http://www.mychocolatetherapy.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html