April Fool's Day Office Prank

Options
Alright, I need a good idea for a prank to pull on my fellow employees this year. I do this every year but am drawing a black this year. In previous years I have

1) Velcro'd everything down (mouse, keyboard, telephone, etc.)
2) Post-It noted everything in the office (and labeled each item!)
3) Drew funny pictures on everyone's white boards
4) Bubble-wrapped everyone's chairs, PC's and monitors
5) Exchanged everyone's mice and keyboards forcing them to find the correct one at someone else's desk

I'm not allowed to do anything extravagent as we have a couple Donald and Debbie Downers in my department but any good ideas are certainly welcome!

Replies

• Perrylr21
    Perrylr21 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hope they all have a good sense of humor! I saw a story on Yahoo yesterday where someone pulled a prank on the boss and got fired.

Good Luck!!
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hit ctrl+alt+down arrow and flip everyone's monitor display upside down. :smile: The day I did that was a fun day.
  • Gworkmanii
    Gworkmanii Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Peanut foam the desk.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    those all sound fun. We would probably get written up for touching other people's computers, but it would be funny.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Buy them all Starbucks Lattes and watch them gain weight.
  • MooseKnuckle5
    Options
    :huh: I just tried the CTRL+ALT+Down arrow key and nothing happened

I would love to do the packing peanuts to everyone's desk as well but there's 35 of us (too much to bring in) and everyone has an open office so it wouldn't have the same effect.
  • emtbabe
    emtbabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a huge prankster living with me, let me get back to you,,,
  • emtbabe
    emtbabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    funniest thing I ever did was use a fart machine at the mall. its a little device u buy with a remote. someone else has to be in on it. they wear the littel gadget, you walk around around the mall and set it off while away from them. they keep a straight face and watch everyone else freak. I was a littel drunk and I ended up peeing my pants in the mall. yes. I did. boom. it was the funniest thing that ever happened to me though!
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Last year my co-worker was going to wrap our supervisor's office completely in aluminum foil. The stapler, computer, phone...etc. Would have been pretty funny.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Simple but funny.
    Put scotch tape on the bottom of the mouse eye. The tape blocks the signal so, while the mouse moves, the pointer doesnt.