anyone have actual zumba results??

Options

Replies

• martha1514
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your fantastic results! Lots of dedication I know.
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    Zumba alone didn't get me big results but in combination with other cardio (elliptical, treadmill, adaptive motion trainer) and some strength training, I lost 16 lbs in 4 weeks. I think the benefits of Zumba are the fun and the great cardio bump you get.
  • Deejea170
    Options
    ive been doing zumba for about a month in ahalf but as consistent as i want to be....even tho i have seen results. i LOVE zumba only workout i dont get tired of!
  • Deejea170
    Options
    yeah i bought the dvds as well. people say the class is much better but i didnt enjoy it at much..or maybe it was the instructor..either way i love doing zumba and get great results with doing it at home...so GO ZUMBA!
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know Zumba is very popular and a lot of people love it. For me personally, I don't think it's that great of a workout and if I'm going to spend an hour away from my family, I want to feel like I got my butt kicked and like I really made the most out of the time. Even if you do it with intensity, it just doesn't feel like that great of a workout, kwim? But to each their own & if you like it and it's what gets you moving, then go for it! Zumba is definitely better than sitting on the couch!
  • proboho
    proboho Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was completely unfit when I started Zumba a couple of years ago, could barely drag myself through a class. Now I go to 2 classes a week, really hardcore. I love my teacher and love the class and feel great. I have never found an exercise I liked as much. I have firmed up and lost cms but was frustrated that I had only lost e few lbs. Then I started using MFP on 1/2!3. Have lost 13lbs so far. I learnt I was eating way too much. So yes Zumba And MFP definitely do work.
    And the person that said that Zumba is only just better than sitting on the couch ought to come to my class!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have gone to several different Zumba instructors and some will kick your butt and others don't. I love the Zumba instructors at our local Y, but a couple of the other instructors are too easy at some of the other places I tried.
  • proboho
    proboho Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have come across some truly rubbish instructors, it is way too easy to qualify in my opinion. If you find a good one stick with them!
  • melicious276
    melicious276 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is my old zumba instructor: http://www.freewebs.com/infectiouslaughter/ She lost 302 lbs doing zumba and weight watchers!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I've heard people lose inches more than weight but I've never heard anyone's results except those on the commercials
    Yes!! i lost inches at first, then weight started coming off slowly
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    The instructor really makes a difference. At the 24Fitness gym I go to our instructor Angie was just simply AWSUM. Fun, fun, fun and great choreography to great songs. You would have to get there an hour early to get a number (the class had 50 people) So if you like your instructor stick with it and have a great time losing weight and gaining fitness!
  • KaraStack2013
    KaraStack2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my first class that is Monday--looking forward to getting out of the house and hope to really like it and see great results! so glad to see this post- wanted something fun to do- now need to have someone that wants to come with me---
  • nrcoder
    nrcoder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. I wanted to join a Zumba class but was not sure would have the time to go to a class. I did not see any classes near where I live either. When I saw the Zumba DVD set I bought one. I started it last Sunday with the step by step DVD. I fell in love with Zumba then. The step by step shows about 5 second portion of a step with the music and then it is broken down in a slow pace then picks up the pace to the natural timing of the music to learn the step. I had this week off and was able to do the Activate DVD every other day (four days this week) and I still love it. I have not lost weight but I feel my legs toned more. I will take measurements and see how the inches go down after a few weeks of the DVD. I don't have all the moves down either but I keep moving.
  • Musie100
    Musie100 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started playing Zumba Rush on the Xbox about a month ago after testing out the free demos and discovering I actually really enjoyed it. Since I have bad history with weighing myself, plus I started doing this to become healthier rather than thinner, I measure my weight loss in inches around my bust, hips and waist. So in the month I have started doing Zumba I have lost 2.5 inches in total, have a much stronger core and gained a lot more energy. I'd recommend this for anyone who wants to feel fitter and have some fun doing it.
  • chrystalah
    chrystalah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started doing Zumba classes at the gym March 1, and do 3-4 classes / week... I've lost 13# since then! i burn 900-1100 cal each class and have been eating clean too!!!
  • Glissenklw
    Glissenklw Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started MFP and started Zumba on January 5, 2013. Since then, I have lost 36 lbs !!!!!!! I go to a Zumba class twice a week for an hour each time. I am not on any official diet, just staying under my MFP calories and trying to make healthier choices. Zumba is a total body workout and so much fun!!! If you want to lose weight and get in shape, Zumba will definitely help you get there.
  • saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been doing zumba + other classes and exercies 3-5 days a week for the last 5 months. only 3 pounds lost but over 15 inches.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking for weight loss on my journey, but my endurance and muscle tone is definitely better when I go to Zumba regularly! It all depends on who your instructor is. I've had some instructors that were AMAZING and really kick your butt, and then others that barely make me break a sweat. I try to amp up the moves in those classes, even if I do look like a spastic dork. :)
  • shamaicas
    Options
    How many times per week ? Btw congrats
  • phylliskboston
    phylliskboston Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba 2-3 times a week for about a month. I have not lost any weight as of yet. I track my food here on MyFitnessPal, and I do admit that on Zumba days I am usually way under my calorie goal -- so I probably need to eat a bit more. I know that can impact weight loss.

Since I started doing Zumba, I feel better overall. I have not taken any measurements of arms or legs or anything but I do feel I'm slowly starting to tone and firm up, which can impact showing weight loss on the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!