Packed Lunch Ideas

Options
I am getting so tired of packing the same thing every day at lunch. Right now I do a salad, with a piece of fruit, yogurt, a cheese stick, carrots in hummus and almonds. I need something else.

Anyone have healthy ideas I could try instead?

Replies

• beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually do a breakfast lunch combo and snack all day. I grab a yogurt, slice up some strawberries, and toss in some walnuts. about an hour later i snack on a 100 calorie pack of some sort. For lunch I do a salad sometimes, chicken salad with crackers, a turkey/ham/cheese sandwhich with fresh spinach instead of lettuce, tomatoes. I use a wrap or a flat bread (the round ones that look like flat hamburger buns) instead of regular bread or alternate with whole wheat bread. I usually make it an all day snack fest. Ive noticed that I feel like I eat more now with all the snacking. I try to keep 100 calorie packs of cookies, crackers, an apple or orange around so that i have something on hand in case i get a hunger pang. :) Hope the suggestions spark some ideas for you.
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    These are some things I bring for lunch:

- Low calorie homemade chicken salad (Put it in a pocket bread or on low calorie bread)
    - Progresso light soups
    - Cottage Cheese and tomatoes
    - Tomato, avocado, cucumber salad
    - Leftovers from dinner night before
    - Hard boiled eggs
    - Yogurt with berries
    - Wrap using LaTortilla Factory High Fiber Low Carb tortilla - one the Laughing Cow light cheese spread wedge, healthy ones or hillshire farm ultra thin turkey breast deli meat, spinach, tomato..yum!
    - Stacy's pita chips and hummus
    - Low calorie egg salad
    - Low calorie tuna salad
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have been making extras for dinner and having leftovers the next day for lunch.

I hit the salad bar at the local grocery store.

Subway - but be careful its not all healthy.

Frozen meals - also be careful high in sodium

Can of soup.

That is usually enough options to keep me from getting bored today however going out with people from work and getting a buffalo chicken salad.
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have been making extras for dinner and having leftovers the next day for lunch.

I hit the salad bar at the local grocery store.

Subway - but be careful its not all healthy.

Frozen meals - also be careful high in sodium

Can of soup.

That is usually enough options to keep me from getting bored today however going out with people from work and getting a buffalo chicken salad.

Oh yes I forgot Subway. I found on their website you can put together a salad or sandwich and it will tell you all the nutritional facts. So I plan ahead the night before and write down when I am going to treat myself to subway.
  • Supawmn18
    Supawmn18 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello. Sometimes I take grilled salmon or chicken breast and cook it and add broccoli, bell peppers, green onion, sliced carrots and add seasoning and use a little bit of olive it and cook it together to make it like stir fry without the rice.

I also try to make fun salads like taco salad no shell where I use taco seasoning on my chicken or turkey w/o and use salsa for dressing

I tried lettuce rolls because I was trying to reduce my bread intake. I took a leaf of iceberg lettuce which you could do with romaine too. I use turkey breast meat, some shredded cheese..u can do sliced...some diced tomato with a dab of mustard.. rolled it and place tooth pcks in it to hold it in place until lunch. and they were cute :)

I make a mock chili which is just meat and canned tomatos with all of the chili seasonings for the flavor..ground turkey or beef works and its good because you can make a pot and then break it up in servings and put it in the freezer.

Hope this helps
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Stay away from anything that has a commercial in it,.... away from the inside aisle ! lol
    Protien: Grilled, baked, Or cockpot Chicken, Tilapia, Lean Ground beef
    Carbs: Brown rice, quinoa, baby potato or sweet potato
    Greens: Spinach, Spring mix, or romaine,Green beens, Broccoli , carrots, squash, Zucchini

Mix and match, stay away from dressings, and sauces.. use fresh herbs, lemon, lime
    I usually make different dressings to give different flavor olive oil, pamergranete ving, ( cilantro, lime,red vin.) (sesame oil,ginger ,lemon) and of course a bit salt and pep... add cheeses low fat feta, goat cheese
    usually snacks with cottage cheese, avacados,Pistachios or almonds , oatmeal, frozen greek yogurt