The scale isn't moving :(

Options
All this last week and a half I feel like I have really pushed myself at the gym, not to mention religiously logging all of my meals and staying under my calorie goal but the scale does not move! I am feeling so discouraged :( I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• ccolorado
    ccolorado Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Been running and doing JMBR daily. I'm just hoping that I'm gaining muscle mass (even though progress pics don't look any different) and it will come off eventually. Totally frustrating though, I agree.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough calories. I raised my calories about 150 and lost a couple more lbs. The first two weeks I didn't see any results and I think it was just muscle inflammation. It went away after a couple rest days. Drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water. Start taking your measurements!
  • Heyymandyy
    Options
    The past four weeks I have hit a plateau and the scale was staying the EXACT SAME. Well the past week and a half I have been going on short trips and have been eating pretty bad. For several days. Well today I hopped on the scale and am down 2.4 pounds. I'd trying upping your cals a bunch for a few days and maybe that will help :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    More info is needed. Height, weight, age, BMR, calories, type of exercise, etc.

If your diary was open we could offer more advice.
  • MichelleSawatzky
    MichelleSawatzky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your frustration!! I can go 3 weeks without losing anything! BUT when I stick with it, eat all my exercise calories back, and switch around my meals (not eat the same thing everyday) I have a good loss of 3-4 pounds. Make sure you are eating ENOUGH calories - eat back your exercise calories, etc. Drink lots of water. Keep it up...it will come off!
  • Jessicarenelaw
    Jessicarenelaw Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I am 21 yrs old' 5'11", 218 lbs, BMR of 1838. I normally consume between 1500-1700 calories a day plus some of my calories that I've burned from working out. I go to the gym three or four times a week and try to keep my heart rate above 160 which is 83% of my maximum heart rate, for a solid hour. Am I not getting enough exercise?
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options

I am 21 yrs old' 5'11", 218 lbs, BMR of 1838. I normally consume between 1500-1700 calories a day plus some of my calories that I've burned from working out. I go to the gym three or four times a week and try to keep my heart rate above 160 which is 83% of my maximum heart rate, for a solid hour. Am I not getting enough exercise?

Make sure your food diary and calories burned are accurate since you eat back some of your exercise calories. You could be eating more than you think.