Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any runners out there?!

I'm becoming a full out runner now and i'd like to have more runner friends too!

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    I run.... can't say I love it. I run so I can eat more and I do love the feeling of crossing the finish line of a half marathon! :happy:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    I can't imagine not loving it.

Ran an 8 miler last night, set out for 6. I LOVE to run! I smile while I do, it makes me happy, I feel great and I can eat more too! Win, Win, Win!

Good luck and enjoy!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 419 Member
    I'm getting there and I'd love to have more runner friends!
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    I'm a runner! Currently training for a 5k in June and planning on running another in Oct. :happy:
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Heading out for an 8-mile this afternoon. Looking to put on miles until I'm ready for my first 1/2 this summer!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    I run.... can't say I love it. I run so I can eat more and I do love the feeling of crossing the finish line of a half marathon! :happy:

^^^^This. I started just walking back before my 50th birthday and gradually over the years decided walking wasn't enough. Now I "run/walk" - run 3 minutes, walk a minute. I'm in training for my 2nd half marathon which is in 5 weeks. I've participated in several different running groups - need the accountability since I'm not all that disciplined - and I've met some wonderful people that way. it ain't all fun but it sure makes me feel good to know that, at almost 54 and having been a complete couch potato all my life, I can now get whereever I need to on my own two feet.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    I used to run a lot and am going to try to start getting back into it...

Went for my first run since August today and did 3.6 miles with 9 min/mile splits - not bad!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    I'm becoming a runner! Increasing my time each and every day! :)
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    I'm a runner and am doing my first full marathon in June! I'm not fast or pretty but damnit if I'm not gonna cross that finish line!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    I am a runner! I ran my first full marathon and ultra marathon this year. I love running for mind and body fitness.
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    add me!

i've ran at least 2 miles for 88 consecutive days!

I think i'm gonna do a 5K everyday for the month of May! what's another mile?

WOWWWWWWWWWWW!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    I started 4.5 months ago, couldn't even go 3 minutes without gagging. I've built my way up to running 3 times a week, for 6-7 miles each run on the treadmill. Now I'm transitioning to running outside for hopefully the same distances.

Not sure where this is taking me, I might start preparing for a 1/2 marathon but for now I'd be happy to just get 3 solid runs in per week.
  • egresik
    egresik Posts: 9
    I run .... now on the treadmill because it´s snowy and wet and cold out there but it should stop snowing next week so I´m starting to run outside again on friday:) .....I would love it if you would add me
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Geat! Im adding you all!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    :drinker: I'm a runner...been running for 20 years, out on injury right now but can't wait to get back in it!!
  • I absolutely love running. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE to run! Running a 5k tomorrow! :)
  • stechan07
    stechan07 Posts: 7 Member
    Yes, love the feeling of finishing a great run! I'm getting back in shape after fracturing an ankle. Training for a 5k, with the goal of getting back in shape for a 1/2 marathon later in the summer.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,640 Member
    Training for a 10k in May :)
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with running. I try to do at least two 4-6 milers a week... but i have shin splints and they can be a *****.

But nothing makes me feel better than going on a run (especially on the days i dont want to run) and getting through it - legs and lungs burning... knowing i did it! YEA - its an easy self esteem booster! :)