Greek Yogurt Problems

Options
2»

Replies

• Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% would be my suggestion.

I second this. You could add protein powder for additional protein. You could add berries/ honey/ nuts. Do so much with it. All on its own, it has 23g of protein per serving.
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Wallaby Organic Greek Yogurt. It doesn't have as much tang as regular greek yogurt. 2nd is Greek Gods Strawberry you don't need a lot and its super yummy.
  • jennamt87
    jennamt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Light and Fit Greek. At my local supermarket, it was the best option, nutrition label-wise. 80 calories and pretty low sugar compared to other brands (can't remember off the top of my head what it is though). Very tasty too!
  • bmc726
    bmc726 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like Dannon Light and Fit Greek. At my local supermarket, it was the best option, nutrition label-wise. 80 calories and pretty low sugar compared to other brands (can't remember off the top of my head what it is though). Very tasty too!

This is my favorite as well. And most flavors are only 7g of sugar!
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

This is my favorite as well. And most flavors are only 7g of sugar!

Another vote for this, it is delicious and filling. It also comes in a 4pack for less than $1/cup, they have it at most supermarkets and at Walmart & Target as well. 80 calories,8g carbs,12g protein, 6g sugar (Strawberry flavor, others have 7g sugar)
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    All yogurts, even plain, contain lactose which is a natural simple sugar found in all dairy products except cheese that is low glycemic and doesn't spike blood sugar. It is recommended for diabetics.. What you want to avoid is yogurt with ADDED sugar
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I like light&fit because the nutrition information is good and it tastes good :)
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have been looking into this as well because I too am trying to eliminate added sugars. I found out that if you stick to PLAIN greek yogurt (any brand probably) it should have the least sugar but will still have some becuase milk has sugar. Then do as the others suggest and add honey or fruit if you like more flavor.
    I just did some research and found out the Stoneyfield brand (organic plain) has NO additives! Just yogurt and the live cultures! It has a couple grams of sugar, but that is just what comes naturally from the milk as nothing is added. I have some Chobani fruit flavors now that are delish but a little high in sugar (blueberry today was 20g of sugar!). I'm using those up and then I'm going to try Stoneyfield Organic Plain 0%.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Don't get the fat free stuff. I get the plain full fat greek yogurt with a bit of splenda and fresh/frozen fruit.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Fage 0% (or even 2%) plain.
    I add a little vanilla protein powder, berries and a sprinkle of granola.

Breakfast every morning.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    subscribing to feed (Thanks everyone.)
  • mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    All plain greek yogurts are not in the same ballpark nutrition wise. Fage has 24g of protein/serving while the Greek Gods brand has only 6. I also like the one from Trader Joes. Just be sure to read the labels.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The greek gods stuff isnt even greek yogurt. Its just regular yogurt that has a thickening agent added to it. That is why you see the big difference in protein.
  • mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Agreed. The label at first glance is misleading calling it "Greek Style" yogurt. It didn't become truly clear to me until I read the nutrition facts. Kind of like the whole grain vs made with whole grain marketing.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love Fage. Used to eat Chobani pineapple but got a lumpy one once and couldn't go back. Yet.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I use Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt for snacks and lunch. I use Fage 0% for sour cream substitute and other applications when I'm at home. Both are low carb and available at Costco. Super cheap! Headin' to Davis Street Costco after work... gotta stock up on my yogurt... Also have to pick up muffins and milk for church activity tomorrow morning.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    All yogurts, even plain, contain lactose which is a natural simple sugar found in all dairy products except cheese that is low glycemic and doesn't spike blood sugar. It is recommended for diabetics.. What you want to avoid is yogurt with ADDED sugar

was going to post this but now I will just agree