Easter Chocolate

Options
Guys...its just chocolate

We are no longer kids and dont have the same metabolism as them. So if you HAVE to give into cravings moderation is key, set a limit stay within it. Just because it is a holiday does not mean its an excuse to binge eat.

Stay strong this easter weekend! Good luck friends.

Replies

• mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    It's not the chocolate, it's the Peeps. I love Peeps, no matter what color. (although yellow is best) And I hate that they are now making Halloween and Christmas Peeps, Peeps are for Easter, people!!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I will stay strong - I have not had any Easter candy but... I lover Reece's peanut butter eggs!!!
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    one should only have to fight peeps once a year NOT every fricken holiday
    carry on

:grumble:
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My dad called me a week ago and asked if I'd be upset if he sent me a See's Candy chocolate bunny. He didn't want to be accused of sabotaging my diet. I told him no, that I'd just do what I did with the chocolate Santa he sent at Christmas. Break it up and weigh out 1 oz servings and ration it over a week.

There's nothing wrong with indulging in a little holiday candy every now and then. It's the over-indulging that you need to avoid. I even managed to do that with a bag of candy corn last fall (I've been known to eat a whole bag in one sitting in the past). It's all about self control. :smile:
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am thankful to no longer have young children in the house and a wife who is as committed to a healthier future as I am. No chocolate or other easter candies in the house.

(Black jelly beans are my true downfall.)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    It's not the chocolate, it's the Peeps. I love Peeps, no matter what color. (although yellow is best) And I hate that they are now making Halloween and Christmas Peeps, Peeps are for Easter, people!!

I love Peeps, too, but I'd never EAT one.
    I much prefer to explode them in the microwave-- especially after leaving them out over night and letting them get a little dry and crusty on the outside. . . then, the microwave makes them crack open and splooge like an alien special effect! AWESOME!
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ever since cadburys destroyed my trust by making their eggs smaller and taste worse I have not had any easter cravings.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Brach's speckled easter jelly beans ... made by evil people ;-)
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am allowing myself exactly one Cadbury egg. My husband can have the rest, though I will instruct that he hide them.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I will eat chocolate regardless of what the calendar says.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ever since cadburys destroyed my trust by making their eggs smaller and taste worse I have not had any easter cravings.

You noticed too? I thought i was the only one!
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options

I love Peeps, too, but I'd never EAT one.
    I much prefer to explode them in the microwave-- especially after leaving them out over night and letting them get a little dry and crusty on the outside. . . then, the microwave makes them crack open and splooge like an alien special effect! AWESOME!

This sounds like something my husband would love...do the Peeps make a big mess in the microwave?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Not having kids makes it easier. I bought five single serving Easter treats for the two of us. The Reese's eggs just have the perfect PB to chocolate ratio you can't get any other time of year.

I normally have much better chocolate than what Easter candy is made from!
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old who loves Hershey's kisses, but not much else. We're not done with Easter yet, and I have 3 chocolate bunnies staring at me from the counter just from my parents basket for her alone. If she doesn't show an interest by Monday, into the trash they go!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    One reeses egg.that's it.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

You noticed too? I thought i was the only one!

LOL, My husband was just talking about the eggs weighing less (UK ones went up 1 gram). He only likes European Cadbury chocolate. Not the American version made by Nestle. So far the eggs seem to follow the European mode. Don't know about this years batch.

Peeps are my favorite! Especially the yellow, it's my favorite color. I cut the plastic and hide them. My husband brings me the stale package out throughout the year. Brings back memories from my childhood. We would visit my grandmother in the summer and she had leftover peeps from Easter. We fought over them.

Our Easter table has Reester Bunny for my husband, Lindt chocolate (medium one) bunny for my son and daughter, Rocher bunny for my other daughter and a box of Fiber One Caramel bars for me. Luckily chocolate isn't my thing.