Chocolate Shakeology/Protein Shake Recipes

Options
Hi everyone!

I was just given half a bag of chocolate shakeology to try out by a friend at work who had lap band surgery and can't even drink it anymore! Talk about awesome.

Anyway, I need creative ideas for some shake recipes. How do you fix your chocolate protein shakes?

Replies

• baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way... This is NOT a thread for you to bash shakeology or talk about how it's not worth the money. That's not what I'm asking for.

Thank you :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I Love my chocolate Shakeology. My most common way of making it, almost every morning, is with a banana, water and ice. Once in awhile a splash of milk. without the banana I will do PB or PB2. Those are my favorites. Did you get a calendar with it? There's a ton of idea's. Everyone's taste buds are so different.

I'll admit to a nighttime shake with some Kahlua in it.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I do the banana and PB2. Otherwise if you add some mint extract and extra cocoa powder it tastes a little bit like a thin mint.
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I make mine. I sometime add 4 oz of unsweetened almond and 4 oz of water and 3 to 4 pieces of ice.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love a couple frozen cherries and a splash of coconut or almond extract. It's my take on a Black Forest Cake. I also like strawberries, banana, and pineapple - like a banana split.
  • Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ah i make my protein shakes into bars because i work crazy shifts and otherwise i would end up missing meals. i usually have a bar for breakfast with a glass of soya milk because i dont feel like eating much when im on earlies. Up at 5.30am on those days :( If you want a recipe for it and its SUPER simple i can post it :)
  • newandimprovedsara
    newandimprovedsara Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any advice for you! I was wondering if someone could explain the pros and cons of this to me? I've heard about it a lot but don't know anyone who's tried it.

x
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was given some samples of shakeology one too. I just mixed it with soy or almond milk and nothing else. I hope it's not the vegan kind you were given. Man, that stuff is terribly gritty! I thought he regular stuff was good though.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! I usually mix it with Almond Milk or if I run out I mix it with frozen banana and water. I don't use ice since the frozen banana makes it cold enough. Sometimes I add frozen strawberries too.

ALthough I haven't tried it yet you can make no-bake cookies:

1 cup reduced fat peanut butter
    1 cup quick-cool oatmeal
    1/3 cup honey
    1 cup Chocolate Shakeology powder

Combine all ingredients, mix well. Roll into balls (about a heaping teaspoon each).
    Optional: Roll in crushed nuts, oatmeal mixed with cinnamon, whole-grain graham crackers crumbs, or unsweetened coconut flakes.
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    Get some whey protein, mix it with skimmed milk - save lots of money.

alternate with flavours like, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla.

Add in some frozen fruits if you want more of a smoothie texture.

Add in some fine ground oats if you want some carbs

Add in some Psylium Husks if you want some fibre

Honey for a bit of sweetness, or zero fat yogurt to mix it up a bit.

You can make it completely meet your needs.

I get all my stuff (UK) from bulkpowders.co.uk saves me an absolute fortune, and their stuff is all on MFP. If you buy anything use my referal code! (AB38935) gives me a fiver which pays for my next bag of oats :)
  • karibyrd1125
    Options
    My favorites are with PB2 or I like to add extract flavors like coconut, or almond, or rasberry etc... With water or almond milk.... a little ice... I know alot of people add fruit, bananas are great with it,,, even can add peanut butter or sun butter, cashew butter, almond butter, haha the possibliities are endless... just use what u like !! Oh and I use 2 cups of water for mine, i think it suggests like 8 oz or something,,, i like alot and i like it not so strong... ;) Hope that helps... I love it,,, have drank it for 4 years now. You will be amazed..... ENJOY !!!!!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
    1/2 cup Kefir
    2 cups of baby spinach
    Whey protein
    banana
    frozen fruit

BAM!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My favorites are with PB2 or I like to add extract flavors like coconut, or almond, or rasberry etc... With water or almond milk.... a little ice... I know alot of people add fruit, bananas are great with it,,, even can add peanut butter or sun butter, cashew butter, almond butter, haha the possibliities are endless... just use what u like !! Oh and I use 2 cups of water for mine, i think it suggests like 8 oz or something,,, i like alot and i like it not so strong... ;) Hope that helps... I love it,,, have drank it for 4 years now. You will be amazed..... ENJOY !!!!!

Oh my god, the coconut extract would be just like an almond joy. Holy crap! Or mint for a thin mint... It's bad how much I crave sweets. Haha! Thanks for the suggestions!