Recalculating Calories

Options
When folks say they've reached a plateau, something I (and others) have suggested is recalculating your Daily Target (DT). I just wanted to take a moment to restate that suggestion.

It has only been a few pounds since I last recalculated (sorry I don't know exactly), and the calculation has dropped my DT by yet another 30 calories. That may not sound like a whole lot, but this over the span of only a few pounds and some folks have mentioned hitting plateaus after losing lots of pounds. I'd imagine the change in DT would be quite substantial.

Recalculate your Daily Target by updating your Fitness Profile:
-Make sure you have used the Check In option to record your current weight.
-Go under Settings, then select Update Diet/Fitness Profile. Follow thru the steps and the values should recalculate automatically based on your current weight.

If you have customized any goal settings, such as Carb/Fat/Protein percentages, these get reset to defaults when you update your Fitness Profile in the steps above. To review and edit these, click on Goals, Change Goals, select Custom, and make your modifications.

Hope this helps any plateau-hitters. :smile:

Replies

• Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    When folks say they've reached a plateau, something I (and others) have suggested is recalculating your Daily Target (DT). I just wanted to take a moment to restate that suggestion.

It has only been a few pounds since I last recalculated (sorry I don't know exactly), and the calculation has dropped my DT by yet another 30 calories. That may not sound like a whole lot, but this over the span of only a few pounds and some folks have mentioned hitting plateaus after losing lots of pounds. I'd imagine the change in DT would be quite substantial.

Recalculate your Daily Target by updating your Fitness Profile:
    -Make sure you have used the Check In option to record your current weight.
    -Go under Settings, then select Update Diet/Fitness Profile. Follow thru the steps and the values should recalculate automatically based on your current weight.

If you have customized any goal settings, such as Carb/Fat/Protein percentages, these get reset to defaults when you update your Fitness Profile in the steps above. To review and edit these, click on Goals, Change Goals, select Custom, and make your modifications.

Hope this helps any plateau-hitters. :smile:
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    :happy: Hey Raz
    Im kinda the opposite.. I had a screne come up last week saying I reached my goal quicker then expected, so they uped my calories...I should be able to change them again to th previous setting through this right??
    Christmas is just around the corner with not so nice-but very good foods.... I can't up my calories now!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    How nice to be in that situation! :smile: You must be exercising a lot. I have read that the max weight loss that is safe and healthy is 2lb per week for men and 3lb per week for ladies. If you stay in those parameters, then I suppose even 'cheating' the calculations would be ok.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that little tip. I'm almost to my goal weight and realize I can eat a little bit more calories each day and maintain my weight. YAY!