Can not believe it.

Options
I am down 51 pounds. And while that seems awesome.... it doesn't feel awesome. My body has literally not changed a BIT. No, I am not overreacting and not noticing the 'small things', I seriously have not changed. I take photos every few weeks or so and look at them side by side. There is no difference. I am so disappointed. I don't understand how my scale says "whoo hoo! You're doing awesome!!" But my body says, "Ha, yeah right, you're wasting your time. It isnt' even working." I am having a pity party, I know. But I needed to get it off my chest before I go insane. It's just disappointing because when I first started, I remember thinking, dang, can't wait to see how I look when I meet my first big goal. And well, here I am. Goal met, and I look like the same old fat me.:( Ahhhh.
/pity party.

Replies

• 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    But, you have progressed. Hasn't exercising become easier? Tasks are easier to do? You're still going forward towards your goal! If you only do cardio, add in weight training. If you already do weights-- try high intensity interval training for cardio...that's great for fat burn and muscular endurance/strength.
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just looking at your pictures, I can sure as hell see a difference!
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think you're being hard on yourself and 50+ lbs is an amazing accomplishment. Keep up the great work!
  • Mollie007
    Mollie007 Posts: 73
    Options
    I just looked at your pictures and that is not true! there is certainly a difference!
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel! I have lost just a tad more than that and I see next to no changes in my body.

However - I do feel changes in myself. I am more satisfied with my meals, and with my healthy choices. I am drinking more water. I have more energy. All of these things make it worth it, and my body will start to show it soon enough.

Chin up!
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    You are kidding me right? I think you still have the same problem I do. Some days I still have my fat goggles on. Yup I still see me 47 pounds ago in the mirror, even though the scale says otherwise. Your brain will catch up with your body soon :) And I definately see a difference!
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options

THIS there's definitely a transformation!! It's hard to see on ourselves....but trust me you look different. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    There has to be some kind of visible difference with that much of a loss. Try taking your comparison pictures in a bra & undies so you can see your body better - I see that you're wearing baggy black clothes in most of your pictures. That might be why you're not seeing anything.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

I agree with this, I looked at your pics and you are significantly smaller.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    We are own worse critic and i know how hard it can be to see no changes in yourself but keep going and some strength training and know your ultimate goal is a healthier you
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Start lifting heavy things. ASAP!
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a big difference, be proud of your accomplishments and keep at it, one day you will look in the mirror and see exactly what you are looking to see!!!!!!
  • zilkram
    zilkram Posts: 8
    Options
    Isn't there any change in how your clothes fit?

Have you been measuring yourself, or are you just relying on the scales? I think it's hard to see changes when you see yourself in the mirror everyday, and self-taken photos are taken at weird angles usually and can be deceptive.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother with pictures because I definitely have my fat goggles on. What I look at is my clothing size. Has that changed for you? Because, if it has, then you're definitely losing inches. Either way, 50+ pounds is an AMAZING feat and you should be SUPER proud of yourself!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else i peeked at your photos and your way thinner now
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Definitely a huge difference! Keep it up! it's not always easy but the rewards are always great!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Start lifting heavy things. ASAP!

^^THIS!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Go pick up a 50lb bag of dog food and carry it around the store for awhile and let me know if you see the difference then :) Seriously pity parties are ok now and again but you pics look way different and I'm sure that you've had to buy new clothes so buck up missy. Put on your big girl panties and a smile and think thank god I don't have to carry that 53 lbs around anymore. Keep up the awesome work and have a great Friday and your daughter is so cute :)
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Big difference in your photos! You're trimming down nicely. :)
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    your weight bearing joints will feel the difference.
    your heart and your arteries will feel the difference.
    your future risk of diabetes will feel the difference.

even if you can't see it, it wasn't pointless.