Stress fracture?

Slender1
Slender1 Posts: 185
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anybody ever had a stress fracture in their leg? What does it feel like? What did you do for it?

Replies

• Slender1
    Has anybody ever had a stress fracture in their leg? What does it feel like? What did you do for it?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Is this a self diagnosis? If it is you should see a doctor and get a medical opinion.

Sometimes stress fractures, particularly those in the leg, radiate pain much like shin splints. To describe a pain one person experiences to a certain ailment may not be the same pain you're experiencing for the same thing and you may mis diagnose your own condition.
  • Slender1
    I was telling a friend of mine (a marathon runner) about some pain I'm having and she said it's probably a stress fracture. I'm going to ask my PT if I should see the doc, but I was just curious of other's experiences with stress fracutres.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Stress fractures HURT! I had a couple of stress fractures in my right foot when I fractured my left big toe (got the stress fracture from walking funny due to the "real" fracture)......anyway, the stress fracture hurt just as much as the full fracture. A fracture is a fracture is a broken bone.....no matter how it happened!
  • tbennett
    tbennett Posts: 4
    I used to run track and had a stress fracture on the outside of my leg, sort of above my ankle. I had a constant nagging pain on my leg and as it grew worse my leg would swell like I had hit it on something. Depending on where your leg hurts, take a couple days off and ice the area. Maybe you have shin splints? If it doesn't feel better in the next week I'd head to the doctor for an opinion!
This discussion has been closed.