Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's for dinner?

Replies

• spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    I don't know yet, but it's going to have to be high in protein. Salmon and broccoli sounds pretty good!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Cod stew with tomatoes, onions and garlic
    Steamed jasmine rice
  • Parmesean breaded tilapia with
    broccoli and cheese
  • 3 oz. turkey breast meat with 1 cup of fat skimmed off broth, veggies and 1/2 cup rice mixed together for a stir fry type dish.
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Shrimp Taco
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 468 Member
    Ahhhh frick it's Good Friday. Now I'm not sure. Maybe pizza??

Baked Fish:)
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Macaroni with broccoli, asparagus and quorn roast slices in homemade cheese sauce. Surprisingly only about 450 calories or so.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    This>>>http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/white-bean-turkey-chili-4-pts.html
    and a few beers;-)
    desert-baked apple w/granola and scoop lemon sorbet...
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    sweet potato shepherds pie - paleo version
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    baked chicken breast
    baked sweet potato
    green beans
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Shrimp and Cabbage Lo Mein (Calories 497)
    Angel Food Cake (Calories 140)
    Frozen Yogurt (Calories 90)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I started this thread to try and get some new ideas. I do like the roasted asparagus and radish idea.

Oh crap....I just realized I have the asparagus, but I forgot to pick up the radishes. I'm also too drunk now to go out and get them...guess it'll just be roasted asparagus with my tenderloin. Butcher really gave me a nice cut today

I also eat a lot of poultry and fish, but I have to have my steak once a week or I get cranky. I actually prefer a NY Strip, but the wife likes tenderloin...so I compromise and just get her what she wants...LOL But she's not allowed to ***** about my bourbon intake.
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    now I want dinner at Wolfman's house
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    I had roasted veggies leftover from the other night, with a piece of cornmeal crusted basa fish, side spinach salad, and a protein pita. Life is good.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Lavas bread, hummus, and lentil soup. All homemade.
    Mmmm! This sounds so good. Love Turkish/Israel/Mediterranean/Middle Eastern foods....
  • kegrip917
    kegrip917 Posts: 14
    Leftover baked wild-caught salmon with lemon juice, steamed brussels sprouts, Barilla Piccolini mini shells with organic crushed tomatoes & grated parmesan. Finish with 1/3 Granny Smith apple and black coffee (to counter-act the pasta/speed elimination).

It's so hard to cook for husband who can eat anything, while trying to stick to healthy, low-carb/fat choices for myself. Now he's calling for baked cinnamon rolls...help!
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Tried a new chili recipe which was very good. Sort of a tex mex chili.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Went out and had broiled salmon, broccoli, and half a baked potato with a glass of red wine. Went over budget but mostly because a vendor dropped off a box of cupcakes for our department today and I was in a rotten mood so I had one.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Mahi mahi with mangos, green beans (plain) and tossed salad
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    A very large, very tasty, taco salad.