Tattoo Reward

Options
Has anyone made getting a tattoo your reward for a goal? (A very first tattoo perhaps?) I have a tattoo I'm getting as a reward that I've wanted for a long time on my ribs. But the closer I get to that goal the more scared I get because I don't know what to expect!

Replies

• Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    I am waiting to get a second when i reach goal weight. The first one is on my lower arm and it really didn't hurt. It just feels like scratching on your skin. However, ribs are probably more sensitive. Anyway, what are you going to get? I'm undecided.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am getting all my stretch marks tatted over after i hit goal but imwill still get more along the way.
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get this outline of a boy looking at the sunset with a dove flying over. It's in memory of my youngest brother that died almost 2 years ago.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo for a reward as well. It will be my first...I haven't decided exactly what I'm getting yet.
  • ValleyNikki
    Options
    Im finishing my half sleeve if i go thru april hitting my calories everyday .

Its a good motivator !!
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You'll handle it no problem. I have about 90 hours of work so far and it really is no better or worse the more you get.

It isn't excrutiating pain really, just highly annoying and then if you get a few hours into a session plus it will then get really uncomfortable.

It's very humbling though, a great experience that reminds you that you are very grounded to the earth. Just like working out does really, but in a unique way because instead of pushing yourself someone else is dishing it out and you get to decide how you tolerate it in your own head.
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ribs are the most painful spot to get a tattoo since it's right on the bone, pretty lovely. I got one around there on my side AND got it removed not too long ago. Don't want to scare you but... uhh yeah. Go for it if that's what you really want.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I get a Tattoo for everything that happens in my life. I haven't figured out what it will be yet, but I've been photoshopping a few ideas recently.

I've got months to work one out tho :)
  • aubreybouck
    aubreybouck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a large side tattoo that goes from my ribs all the way down to my thigh, and I simply LOVE it!! (it is a flower vine, and has a lot of deep meaning)
    When I had my son, it got a little skewed, and a few bits lost some color. I have wanted to get it touched up for a while, and I finally told myself, once I get back in shape, I will have it done!
    Also, my artist lives a few states away, so I have already planned my visit, which sets me a time limit, so no slacking!!
    I am so excited! I am going to see this through!
    P.S. dont be scared or nervous, I am a big baby, and I did ok!
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I plan to get a second tattoo when I lose 46 more pounds. For now I'm thinking on my arm. Something simple yet unique.
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I want a tattoo also! I don't have one but my boyfriend has two with plans for more (he's skinny though). I love the side ones too and if I ever get the stomach I want, that is the #1 place I want one. I am also interested in one that kinda comes over the shoulder. I just can't seem to make up my mind on a design though and if I got one I'd want it sorta big but easily cover-able since I'm a teacher. I'm also terrified of needles. I figure I have a while to decide and get up the courage though.
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    <---painful? after a few hours, definitely. worth it? you bet :)
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have some tattoo designs in mind for my first whenever I get to where I want to be. I've always thought I was too fat for tats, so I have none.
  • StephanieCo3
    Options
    <---painful? after a few hours, definitely. worth it? you bet :)

You look fantastic!!! And so does your ink. :)

How tall are you? Your body type is exactly what I'm shooting for, though I'm quite far off.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Yup am planning on my second one two months after I hit my goal
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have been contemplating getting a tattoo for a reward as well. I want it on my ribs as well! :) Undecided what I want, well actually, I know what I want .... writing. But, I keep being told not to get writing.
  • StephanieCo3
    Options
    I have been contemplating getting a tattoo for a reward as well. I want it on my ribs as well! :) Undecided what I want, well actually, I know what I want .... writing. But, I keep being told not to get writing.

I think the writing looks beautiful too. And I've always loved quotes, I used to keep a quote diary as opposed to a regular diary to keep track of the ones I liked. But I just don't have an all time favorite quote. My favorite tends to change with my life situations I suppose. Plus I also hear negative remarks about getting writing but I say go for it!!
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I never thought about a tattoo as a reward, but I want to get a scorpion right below my previous tattoo (chinese writing on the calf) but I decided that I wanted to look all good and badass before I got a tattoo that will look all good and badass.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Get what you want as you'll never regret it.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ooh on the ribs? I've heard that that can hurt ^^ My tattoo is along the front of my right hip - a rose with some sort of swirly vines :) It didn't hurt at all, and I only really felt it a bit more when it got nearer my bone. So I suppose if you really had it on the ribs, you might feel it. I think I'd generally say it probably hurts way less than you think it would. I know I was afraid and when he finally started tattooing, I was like "Oh, is that it?" Lol!