Help with mini goals!

Options
Ok I want to think of some mini goal celebrations. What are some ideas? Right now I weigh 215 I know I am going to celebrate when I get back in the 100's. The next big celebration will be when I reach 180 because that is what I was when I got pregnant. Then a BIG celebration when I get into the 150's. I want something interesting not the normal pedicure, manicure, shopping that everyone does. THANK YOU :wink: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    As far as mini goals go, I mostly do see mani/pedi, haircut/dye trip to the salon, shopping for new clothes, and tattoos as rewards. I really haven't seen anything too different out there. How about a girl's night out w/overnight stay in a hotel? As a mother, I know how hard it is to get out with friends and just have time off of mommy duty. As big rewards, I know that some people treat themselves with a vacation. I'm interested to see what ideas people come up with.
  • ARSchaeffer
    ARSchaeffer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my friend and I did weight watchers years ago and whenever we would go several weeks staying in our points or if we reached a weight, we would treat ourselves to our favorite restaurant and not worry about our points for that one meal. also, I enjoyed buying new clothes that were smaller as I got smaller. mini-vacay at the beach? tanning package?
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    Mini goals for me is new work out clothes...I know it sounds lame but new gym clothes that fit right make me more confident and ready to go run another 5 miles! When I reach my end goal my husband and I are doing a mini vacation, just the two of us to a bed and breakfast filled with healthy activities like hiking, biking and swimming.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP, and already have some mini-goals in mind. In fact, I plan to treat myself to something every week that I stay under my cal goals and lose. The first week I got a new FILA work-out top (on a big sale). Next week, I'm planning to buy a couple of new plates, because I've started eating smaller quantities, and I love housewares (weird, but true). Future items include:
    an indoor, healthy picnic with my better half (too hot here to do it outdoors this time of year); books (love to read); and music downloads I can work out with. These are all small things, but I realized when I bought the work-out top last week that the size of it didn't matter to me; it was more the fact that I achieved something.
    I am not going to use food or a meal out as a reward. Clearly, I've already eaten enough! :laugh:
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Those sound really good. I agree with the non-food rewards. I will say that I didn't feel like I needed to reward myself. I was so excited to actually be sticking to something and seeing results that people noticing was a HUGE reward to me. Getting some Walmart workout shorts and shirts was nice too. (you can sneak those in with your groceries b/c they are so cheap)

Kenzie, I agree that getting back into the 100's deserves something. Movie night out with friends or something that doesn't break the bank. I know that a friend of ours once told me that for every 10lbs, she was getting a small star tattood on her foot. I kind of liked that idea because I would be horrified to get those and then put the weight back on. :blushing: